Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:21 AM

180 posts, read 662,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG2 View Post
In North Raleigh. Nina's Ristorante (http://www.ninasristorante.com/index.html - broken link) makes very good Italian. I would say Casalinga's is "good" however that shopping center is nothing short of scary. I went there two times and the food has been great; however -- that shopping center keeps me from going back.

Nina's on the other hand is quiet in a pleasant shopping center and has great food with a "home style" appeal. The place is also nice inside: white linen type of place.

I would say try Nina's.

Well we tried Nina's BEFORE you wrote you response and absolutely HATED it. I have never had such awful italian food!! I thought the bread they served was fanastic and we choose a good wine...but the mussels app was not good (and we love mussels) and both of our dinners just were not quality italian. I felt like I could have made better at home for half of the price. Very dissapointing b/c we read all about it online and thought we were in for a treat! Apparently not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,272 times
I'd have to second Dragonfly's suggestion for Ferlo's - great Italian deli...prepared meals and retail product to DIY...not a romantic stop (it is a deli, after all), but they can supply the food you need to have a romantic dinner at home! And if you're looking for something in particular, I'm sure they'd be willing to make it up special (they don't have chicken cacciatore on the menu, but made me up some when I was craving it)! They get my vote, romantic or not...

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM

137 posts, read 607,153 times
I haven't seen them mentioned on this thread, but two places I know of are Cinelli's at North Hills (on the circle) which is a bit more casual - but worth a look. I've heard good things about the pizza there but haven't tried it yet.

Vivace (also at North Hills, but across Lassiter Mills Road by Harris Teeter) might be the better option if your looking for better atmosphere.

I've seen - but haven't been to - a very small italian place in downtown Raleigh at City Market. I think it's called Tony's? It looks quaint and friendly, but I've only been by it on Sunday when it was closed. Anyone been there? Worth a visit or no?

Old 06-29-2007, 07:02 AM

28 posts, read 115,414 times
Caslalinga is great and don't forget Casa Carbone on Glenwood Ave in Raleigh!

Old 07-02-2007, 04:01 PM

27 posts, read 189,890 times
I miss Vinnie's in Apex. Does anyone know why they closed?

Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 AM

250 posts, read 1,245,828 times
I like Daniels on 55 just north of the 55/64 interchange in Apex.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:32 AM

21 posts, read 75,563 times
Bella Monica is really good. Also, not a restaurant, but Conti's Italian market-great Proscuitto, olives, and cheeses.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:56 PM

6 posts, read 13,472 times
Default North Raleigh

Definitely try Cinelli's SIX FORKS - the Original restaurant (not the pizzeria).
Its at Celebration at Sixforks near Lassiter Mill Rd - hands down best Italian experience in the triangle.
Nina's has great food - but their wine list is marked up 75% - 85% and I just don't fly with that. I usually buy 75 dollar bottles at restaurants and expect about a 30-45 dollar bottle retail - not 22 dollars. Oh - and if Ninas is going to charge so much for their wine they should at least serve it at the right temperature- its on a big wooden wall in the middle of the restaurant and is rather warm.

Tony's pizza on 70/Carmax is closest pizza ive had to home (nj - jersey city).

Old 07-03-2007, 03:42 PM

11 posts, read 43,417 times
I didn't read through the thread, just want to do a quick post.
I would say Daniel's in Apex on Hwy 55 is good with fair pricing.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 AM

3 posts, read 7,218 times
Default Romantic Ides

I found this restaurant review site and there is a section about Date Worthy places to eat in Raleigh. www.raleighrestaurantreview.com - Redirecting to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary