U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-24-2010, 02:38 PM

4,846 posts, read 9,700,865 times
Default Stores that sell paintball CO2 canisters and/or refill them?

I saw a previous thread about airsoft rifles that didn't offer much help, so hopefully someone else has more info on this topic. . . .

I'm looking for a local store that sells the CO2 tanks for painball guns. I don't need a gun, or paintballs, or any of the other equip. I'm not even going to use the CO2 tank for playing paintball.

I'd like to buy a tank at a local store (rather than buy online) so that I can test fit the tank into my project before I buy one. If it doesn't fit, it will be easier to return to a local store.

I know that Dick's has a few, but they are very expensive ($30 for a 12oz canister when I see them online for $15) and the tanks at Dick's have too much packaging to make test fitting possible.

Alternatively, does anyone have some of these tanks available that they could measure and tell me the diameter and length? I'm probably interested in the smaller tanks of 9oz, 12oz, or 16 oz rather than the larger 20oz or 24oz tanks due to size limitations. The online stores only mention CO2 capacity and not physical size of the tank.

Also, I'll eventually need a store to refill them, so that info would be appreciated as well. I didn't ask if Dick's had the equipment to refill.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 02:45 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,551,640 times
Gotcha Paintball - Raleigh, NC

Old 07-25-2010, 05:11 AM

2,546 posts, read 4,360,123 times
Dick's does refill.

Mike

Old 07-25-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Thanks. Doing a Google search seems to turn up a lot of fields for playing paintball, but no stores. Is Gotcha the only store in this area?

I live down south of Garner and north of Fuquay, so I was hoping that there was something closer for me.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Jeez. They're even more expensive than Dick's. A 12 oz tank is $35 Good thing I called before going over.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:59 AM

60 posts, read 115,422 times
I used to live in Garner and there was a paintball store called Action Tag in one the small shopping centers behind Arbys. It's been years since I've played paintball so I don't know if they are still there.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorilladiver View Post
I used to live in Garner and there was a paintball store called Action Tag in one the small shopping centers behind Arbys. It's been years since I've played paintball so I don't know if they are still there.
FYI just tried to call these guys. .

Action Tagg has become Black River Paintball and they have closed their Garner store. They now only have a store at their Angier paintball field, which is only open on the weekend.

This is a 30 minute drive from my house. . . . so not that great. . . however they do have good prices on 12oz tanks ($15).

Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 AM

72 posts, read 75,474 times
I get my co2 tank refilled at a welding store on Capital Blvd just before 401 and 1 merge. I don't know if there are any welding stores in Garner but I would assume so. Mine is for my Keggerator and it is $25 to refill.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
FYI just tried to call these guys. .

Action Tagg has become Black River Paintball and they have closed their Garner store. They now only have a store at their Angier paintball field, which is only open on the weekend.

This is a 30 minute drive from my house. . . . so not that great. . . however they do have good prices on 12oz tanks ($15).
Update: I forgot to mention how this all turned out.

I ended up driving down to Black River Paintball and asked if I could buy a tank from them. They did one better. . . . . they gave me a used one for free because they are getting away from CO2 for their rental equipment.

They also filled it for free. I've since gone back to Dicks Sporting Goods in Crossroads and they will refill it, although at a fairly steep price ($3-$4).

Old 11-08-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa53109 View Post
I get my co2 tank refilled at a welding store on Capital Blvd just before 401 and 1 merge. I don't know if there are any welding stores in Garner but I would assume so. Mine is for my Keggerator and it is $25 to refill.
How big is the tank? Hopefully that price is for a 10 lb tank or you're getting ripped off.

I pay $16.39 out the door price for 5lb at M&W Supply on Wilmington in Raleigh/Garner

12.71+2.50 maintenance fee+1.18 tax
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary