Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 PM

170 posts, read 878,049 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in Florida and would like to move on. Even though Long Island will always be home to me I don't know if I can live there again. Where did you move in North Carolina and why, and do you like it there. Also do you have problems living there because you are a New Yorker? Not really interested in coastal communities - don't want to deal with hurricanes and extreme heat. Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you
Fallgirl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 12:21 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallgirl View Post
I am currently living in Florida and would like to move on. Even though Long Island will always be home to me I don't know if I can live there again. Where did you move in North Carolina and why, and do you like it there. Also do you have problems living there because you are a New Yorker? Not really interested in coastal communities - don't want to deal with hurricanes and extreme heat. Any info will be appreciated.

Thank you
Fallgirl
Have you typed in 'long island' into the forum's search engine? Plenty of threads around.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:29 PM

19 posts, read 60,286 times
Default long islander

Hey
I dont currently live in NC but visited the raleigh-durham area about a month ago. I loved the Southpoint area...hope valley farms, woodcroft, mostly because it reminded me a lot of Long Island. I lived on LI for about 10 years before moving to Westchester. I cant really speak about the anti-yankee sentiments because I only spent 5 days in NC. But it seems (from reading posts here) that there are very diverse perspectives on people moving to the area from the northeast

Old 06-23-2007, 12:38 PM

141 posts, read 675,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeda-nyer View Post
I cant really speak about the anti-yankee sentiments because I only spent 5 days in NC.
From my experience, this is a non-issue. I am from NYC, and most of the people I have met are not originally from the South. The few that are, however, are always very nice. I don't think that the RTP area really epitomizes the South in general, as it has a very Northern feel, just a lot nicer and warmer I interact mostly with the Duke crowd, so maybe in other areas of life my experience might be different.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:55 AM

15 posts, read 50,041 times
Hi....we just moved from LI to Cary, NC. We like it here, I've meet several NY'ers and from elsewhere also, not too many natives in this area. Good luck

Old 06-25-2007, 08:59 AM

560 posts, read 2,848,734 times
Unless you just inherited a couple million LI is no longer an option I would check out the Triangle, we are from LI and just moved to Youngsville and love it!! Reminds me of eastern end of LI, driving home from work is like driving out east for apple picking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary