Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,088,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I believe I have figured out the "U Scan It."

It is still beta technology, and likely will be for some time to come. Maybe it is "Pre-Beta."
It is an aberration in smart clientele relationships and a blemish on customer service.
It is a slower and more difficult way for me to give the store my money, frustrating, an inconvenience, and plain dumb.

A skilled checkout clerk can run more $$$ volume than untrained customers.
I go to Harris Teeter for salads a few times a week for lunch, walk past the "DIY Til You Have a Hemorrage Scanners" and get checked out by a real person, who is pleasant, efficient, and NOT still in beta.
Many times, I walk 50-60 feet past a whole bank of beta checkouts, pay up, and walk back to see the same people I walked past unable to get out of the store, while the clerks make no eye contact, and stare at their registers achingly attempting to figure out what the heck is going on.

Until they make the DIY checkouts at least as efficient as working with real people, I am hooked on getting eye contact, conversation, and a smile with my salad.

Works for me.
AGREED!!!

I will say for HT, and places like Trader Joe's, the customer service is fantastic. I actually answered the "did you find everything today?" at HT with a "no" and.....drumroll....the manager, who was bagging my groceries, asked what I was looking for and ran and got a selection for me to choose from. My bill still knocked me for a loop, but I sure appreciated having everything I came there for--and now I know where the frilly toothpicks are located! (near the wine)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,752,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
AGREED!!!

I will say for HT, and places like Trader Joe's, the customer service is fantastic. I actually answered the "did you find everything today?" at HT with a "no" and.....drumroll....the manager, who was bagging my groceries, asked what I was looking for and ran and got a selection for me to choose from. My bill still knocked me for a loop, but I sure appreciated having everything I came there for--and now I know where the frilly toothpicks are located! (near the wine)

Interesting. One of the things I am disliking about HT is they keep dropping things I want. I have tried numerous times and always answer the question when asked (so much my wife does not like it when I do ) I have filled out request forms and whatnot, which promise a call about the item and never once have I reeived a call.

Usually, they have a defeatist attitude of how "corporate" makes all the decisions and they can do nothing. At least one time a woman at the Customer service desk of the Backwards HT in Stone Creek Village did spend the time to walk the aisles and try to find Lysanders Meat rub (which of course we could nto find because they stopped carrying it). But in probably 10+ requests, thats the only time anyone has done a thing as far as I can tell.

AS far as Bloom targeting Tech Savvy people, part of that is code, I think for "more upscale" than typical Food Lion shoppers. The self scanners and everything else are optional and they still have standard registers.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 972 times
According to me It's always good to get a grocery store in Bethany village. I am very happy for that and very eager to get it opened..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary