Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2006, 10:38 PM

260 posts, read 1,190,834 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family and I are looking to relocate to Wake County area and have limited budget to buy a home...$140,000. Schools are not a concern and have seen homes in Angier on Realtor.com - they look nice and very affordable. Is there anyone who can offer info on the area??? People? safety? homes? etc.
We looked in Holly Springs but not able to afford that area.
Would appreciate any info on the area.
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
You probably know this but just in case you don't... Angier is not in Wake County. It is in Harnett County.

You can buy homes for 140k in Wake County but this would be in the eastern side, east of Capital Blvd and towards Knightdale. I don't know much about those areas.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:42 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
I've sold a few homes in Angier. Most of it is in Johnston County. You definitely get more house and more land for your money there. I have friends that live there, my parents live there and most people love it. It was VERY rural a few years back but they have tons of shopping in the area...mall is still about 20 min. away, though! Since you are considering Angier, you should also consider Clayton. For $140,000, you should find a nice home with a garage and some land. I think you'll be happy with your choices.

I'm working with a client right now that wants land and can only spend $130,000. We've found some really cute homes with garages and land in Youngsville, which is past Wake Forest, in Franklin county. You may want to consider that, as well.

Vicki

Old 09-22-2006, 03:42 PM

505 posts, read 2,542,096 times
I live 10 minutes north of Angiers in Fuquay Varina. Angiers is a nice little town. Booming as well (because of Raleigh)

You will certainly get more house for the money. But you will get a long drive time to work. The best thing about angiers is the country side. Green and hilly. Not much to do in town itself. But you are close to Fuquay Varina and parts of Cary.

Angiers is in Harnett Co. Just over the Wake co. line down highway 55. You might want to try Willow Spring. Which is between Fuquay Varina and Angiers. Heck, you might just find something in Fuquay Varina. Just depends on what you want.

Good luck

Old 09-23-2006, 11:17 AM

260 posts, read 1,190,834 times
Thank you all for your advice! It was really helpful and perhaps will look in the other areas as suggested! It seems like a great place to live.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:08 PM

9 posts, read 46,071 times
Default Angier

Have you thought about Pittsboro in Chatham County. Once Hwy 1 is finished at 64, which will be soon, that will be the best drive to Raleigh in the morning and back home in the evening.

Coming in from Clayton, Youngsville or Angier is a pain in the morning.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,404 times
I absolutely love Angier! There is a beautiful park as well as a decent library. There is quite a bit being done to make this small town beautiful. If you have to work in Raleigh, well that can be quite a drive. I commute to NC State every day during the semester and it's about 45 minutes with traffic. I park my car in free parking then it's another 30 minutes on the Wolfline so it's quite a commute. If you drive the back roads to Raleigh, though, it's a lot easier as you can fly down the little country roads. I love Angier though as it's quiet and everything, like the post office, library, and place to pay the water bill, are all really close. It's easier to get errands done here then in Raleigh. I've been here three years and love this area.

Old 08-14-2010, 07:23 AM

492 posts, read 1,151,612 times
This post is FOUR yrs old! Gotta check the dates when you are reading or searching old posts.

Old 08-14-2010, 02:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalicoskiesNC View Post
This post is FOUR yrs old! Gotta check the dates when you are reading or searching old posts.

My how things have changed in Angiers in just the 18 months since I first drove through it.

Thanks for the update. We did stop at the Mickey D's for coffee one morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary