Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 AM

36 posts, read 147,634 times

Advertisements

What about 27603 area? Is it as bad?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:52 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,596,866 times
I hope not! I just bought a house in 27603.

But, like everyone always says on this forum. . . . you can't go by just the zip code. We're at the far west edge of 27603. In fact, the older zip code maps show us in 27606, so they must have redrawn the lines recently.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
But, like everyone always says on this forum. . . . you can't go by just the zip code. We're at the far west edge of 27603. In fact, the older zip code maps show us in 27606, so they must have redrawn the lines recently.
Yes, if you take a look at a zip code map, you'll see that the sections are often large and some have fingers that go up in between other zip codes, making it difficult to declare an entire zip code as "good" or "bad". The zip code itself often includes many different neighborhoods in a variety of areas. 27603 includes parts of downtown and south Raleigh, among other areas. There are good and not so good in most of the larger zip code areas.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM

54 posts, read 217,025 times
Default It was a good choice

for me not to buy in southeast Raleigh in 27610. I found my "dream" house there but I never felt right about it. I didn't like the appearance of the area as I approached my subdivision and I was apprehensive about appreciation
in that area. While I don't expect to sell any time soon I still want as much appreciation as possible (who doesn't). I finally found a home on the northern end of Raleigh just a mile south of Wake Forest. It's perfect for me. It's off the beaten path but close enough to all the places that I enjoy frequenting. I'm extremely happy with my decision to buy here and I credit this forum for assisting me in making the best decision for me.
That's the bottom line: You need to make the best decision for you and you
need as much info as possible to make that decision.

You have my best wishes in locating your new home.

Ell

Old 06-27-2007, 08:52 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEJ View Post
for me not to buy in southeast Raleigh in 27610. I found my "dream" house there but I never felt right about it. I didn't like the appearance of the area as I approached my subdivision and I was apprehensive about appreciation
in that area. While I don't expect to sell any time soon I still want as much appreciation as possible (who doesn't). I finally found a home on the northern end of Raleigh just a mile south of Wake Forest. It's perfect for me. It's off the beaten path but close enough to all the places that I enjoy frequenting. I'm extremely happy with my decision to buy here and I credit this forum for assisting me in making the best decision for me.
That's the bottom line: You need to make the best decision for you and you
need as much info as possible to make that decision.

You have my best wishes in locating your new home.

Ell
I totally agree with you...read the Forum...its a wealth of information! As a resident of Raleigh/Cary for the last 30 years, I've actually learned quite a bit! Its wonderful to see things through the eyes of others.

I've even listened to BCR and learned about Durham!

And after reading and reading, its still YOUR HOME and YOUR DECISION. Check out the different areas but like Ell said...if you get a bad "feeling", then that place isn't for you.

I HOPE that southeast Raleigh improves. I recently sold a home (this year) to folks that bought it 4 years ago and there was so little appreciation that they ended up bringing about $200 to closing. Yep, sellers bringing money to closing after 4 years. I did not sell them the house, originally. They added on to the house and made it too large for the neighborhood, so that was 2 strikes against it.

And I do appreciate those that think its OK for me to give my 2 cents' worth even when I'm going against some of the others. I appreciate ALL opinions, even when they disagree with me!!!

Vicki

Old 06-27-2007, 11:34 AM

15 posts, read 45,567 times
Since reading what everybody has to say. I will educate myself before jumping in the fire. I'm assuming this zip houses a lot of African Americans. Although I'm African American I've never lived in an all black neighborhood so I wouldn't know what to expect. I assumed homeowners would value what they worked hard to accomplish. Thanks

Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM

88 posts, read 321,085 times
Two Seven Six Ten,
Just Say No My Friend.

Always remember this little rhyme when looking at properties in the Raleigh area.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM

71 posts, read 249,274 times
Vicki,

I don't know what others have said about your posts, but I find them to be very informative and I really appreciate reading what you have to say. As a realtor you seem to give straight answers and seem more concerned with the safety and overall home value over commission. I like dealing with honest people.

Old 06-27-2007, 12:51 PM

5 posts, read 8,625 times
This is the only area of Raleigh that you can a nice-sized house for around $150K. Traditionally it used to be where you could get starter homes in Raleigh. Now with the new 64-Bypass and I-540, the location is ideal for commuting. That's why there has been a boom in new home developments. And these are priced in the $ 150K+ range. Also commericial development is booming. There is a new shopping center coming at the corner of Poole and Hodge. Another one coming on Battle Ridge road. A new Super Walmart near Rock Quarry and Sunnybrook. So much so that property values have appreciated by 25% in the last 2-years.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 PM

15 posts, read 45,567 times
Moderator cut: personal insults

ReloAdvisor
Do you have any websites I can look at that would give me statistics that back up your claim that the area is about to experience a boom. Is this area all African American? I don't want to be in an all black neighborhood.

Last edited by Marka; 06-28-2007 at 04:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary