Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:09 AM

43 posts, read 208,391 times

Advertisements

Hi All! We just moved here last week and I need to buy some furniture. We had a 1580 square foot house in CA and we just moved into a 3000 square foot house, so it is really bare.

Do you have any favorite furniture stores? I am looking to buy a kitchen table, computer desk, twin size bed and dresser, possibly a formal living room set.

Thanks ahead of time for your suggestions.

Alexis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
When had to buy all new furniture when we moved here from CA as well! I did all my shopping at either Furniture Land South in Highpoint or else the Ethan Allen in Cary. I liked the sales people at the Ethan Allen in Cary more than the Raleigh store personally. Ethan Allen follow up service has been impeccable and we have been extremely happy with the pieces. we also had a world of success at Furniture Land South. Saved a ton on our childrens bedroom furniture there as well as Our wicker for our screened in porch and patio pieces. If you are interested I can give you the names of the designers we shopped with at both locations as well as some tips. I had my own interior design business back in CA and have found who not to use rather quickly as far as window treatments and such go.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:36 AM

Wow! Thank you so much! Yes, I am interested. I will definetly check it out!

Thank you again!
Alexis

Old 06-27-2007, 06:46 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
There are a number of furniture stores all along glenwood ave. in raleigh........might be worth checking out. Personally we have purchased a couple of couches from carolina sofa (glenwood), and we purchased a china cabinet from home comfort (the cary location, but there is one on glenwood), plus an eat in table from the home comfort clearance center (glenwood). We also recently (in the past year) purchased a dining room table, chairs, bench and buffet from world market which I love.

It really all depends on your taste. For us, home comfort was a great option because it was nice furniture but not too expensive.

Leigh

Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
When had to buy all new furniture when we moved here from CA as well! I did all my shopping at either Furniture Land South in Highpoint or else the Ethan Allen in Cary. I liked the sales people at the Ethan Allen in Cary more than the Raleigh store personally. Ethan Allen follow up service has been impeccable and we have been extremely happy with the pieces. we also had a world of success at Furniture Land South. Saved a ton on our childrens bedroom furniture there as well as Our wicker for our screened in porch and patio pieces. If you are interested I can give you the names of the designers we shopped with at both locations as well as some tips. I had my own interior design business back in CA and have found who not to use rather quickly as far as window treatments and such go.
I second everything CAKD said. My wife and I bought several items from Furniture Land South (FLS) in High Point and are very happy with the furniture and the price. We priced out a specific dining room table we wanted at a store here in Raleigh and found it for $1,200 less at FLS.

Also with regards to Ethan Allen, you may want to confirm this with the store, but when we bought our iron bed from the Ethan Allen in Raleigh we learned that "in-town" delivery was free. That was a big plus in my book.

In addition to these stores, there are a plethora of places on Glenwood Avenue between Crab Tree Valley Mall and Brier Creek in Raleigh. Everything from Rooms to Go to Thomasville Furniture.

Edit: ~ I just saw Leigh's response and I agree Home Comfort is another Great Place! I also Highly recommend World Market for things like book cases and end tables ect...

Old 06-27-2007, 07:19 AM

275 posts, read 1,114,493 times
I third FLS...and I love looking for deals in the Clearance Center too. We bought an amazing Hooker desk for our office, with one ding in that is covered anyway, for $800...retail was $2300 and up.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:23 AM

405 posts, read 1,769,873 times
Ditto everyone else. I love Home Comfort. I've purchased both bedroom furniture and dining room furniture at their Glenwood store. Incidentally, the bedroom pieces that I got (Attic Heirlooms by Broyhill) were CHEAPER at Home Comfort than they were at Furnitureland South.

That said, I just bought a gorgeous leather Lane recliner at FS's Clearance Center this weekend for more than 50% off retail. They have the same one in their main showroom right now... wonder if I'd tried to purchase that, would they have told me the same thing was in the clearance center for half the price?

Old 06-27-2007, 12:03 PM

Thanks to all! Great suggestions! Where is Highpoint (Furnitureland South?)
Is that here in the Raleigh area?

Thank you again!
Alexis

Old 06-27-2007, 12:40 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,692,521 times
We just bought some furniture at Badcock Furniture in Garner (badcock.com). It's a newer store with very reasonable prices.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:55 PM

550 posts, read 1,486,668 times
I like Green Point Furniture. It's just off Capital Blvd (on Yonkers Rd), right before you cross the beltline if you're heading north on Capital. The Raleigh location is small compared to the VA location, which is huge. Lots of different stuff there, though.

Furniture Casegoods Imports Oriental Rugs - Green Front Furniture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary