U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 02:27 PM

355 posts, read 603,886 times

Advertisements

Among the options above, I would go with Coquette. Both Vivace and Magnolia Grill can be really noisy. I really like Watts Grocery, but it just doesn't strike me as a good business dinner spot. IMHO Margaux's is just plain weird, and I've found the food to be overwrought.

Nana's is excellent. Although it's also a smaller space, which could make a business dinner awkward. While a couple of the options above are too noisy, Nana's could be too hushed.

An's in Cary could be a good option too. The food and service are typically top notch. They have a large bar area if you need to kill time before or after dinner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 02:28 PM

1,040 posts, read 2,386,168 times
How about Shiki?

Shiki Sushi House of Steak

Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM

2,151 posts, read 3,216,738 times
An is a good suggestion. Didn't think of that before. The Tavern at Second Empire is good, and I'd also recommend Stonewood Grill. Not too fussy, but nice. And quiet enough for a business dinner.

ETA: I agree with Clever User Name about Margaux's. I've never been impressed with that place. And to think that they claim to serve French cuisine. Pish!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 PM

1,414 posts, read 2,550,848 times
Thoughts off the top of my head:

Bonefish Grill in Cary or North Hills
McCormick and Schmidt's at Crabtree Valley
Second Empire Tavern (downtown Raleigh)
42nd Street Oyster Bar
I have been to lots of business dinners at Margaux's and always liked it, although I haven't been there recently

Old 08-25-2010, 03:08 PM

3,465 posts, read 6,448,527 times
If you eat fish, you aren't a vegetarian but rather a pescetarian (see Pescetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

The vegetarian diners might be looking for more than a salad to eat - which is about all they could order at some of the restaurants mentioned here.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM

81 posts, read 140,238 times
I haven't lived in Raleigh in a few months, but when I did I worked downtown. In my experience, though, the traffic in downtown Raleigh's MUCH lighter than in other parts of town. I would think it would be easier to get somewhere downtown during rush hour than it would be to get around the Beltline to the North Hills area.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:13 PM

1,955 posts, read 3,348,835 times
I have to second Nana's. I've had a business dinner there, and the experience couldn't have been better.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:16 PM

2,461 posts, read 5,519,665 times
Oh yeah, An is an awesome place! Mez is another good one...upscale Mexican in a nice setting.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,766,025 times
only time I would ever go there - when a large corporation was picking up the check I save the best value for money restaurants for when I have to pay. I do agree it's over priced but I do enjoy relaxing in the Wild Turkey Lounge which is one of the better bars in the Triangle. I 2nd the Second Empire that has been suggested by Didee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I would strongly recommend against Thai Cafe (great food, but not quite up to par for a business dinner) and Angus Barn (most overpriced, overrated food in the Triangle). Plus, out-of-towners seem to find Angus on their own (too bad for them) so as a local you should seek out a better and lesser-known gem.

I'll add Revolution to the already good list of places I've seen recommended.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 PM

8,526 posts, read 12,699,505 times
An Italian restaurant might be a good compromise offering vegetarian choices. Downtown I would choose Cafe Luna or 518 West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary