Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2007, 03:45 AM

551 posts, read 1,874,776 times

Advertisements

I am hoping to move to Raleigh to be near my daughter and her husband and young children. They live in a North Raleigh subdivision of single family houses. Can anyone suggest a very nice apartment complex in Raleigh that is walking distance from stores, shops, etc? Is there anything like this in downtown Raleigh? Where would be a good place to look? I want something nice with a lot of facilities, not the least expensive. Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2007, 04:28 AM

324 posts, read 1,527,752 times
it may be a litte pricey but try Alexian Northhills. Mom in law lived there & she loved it...(think she paid $800 for a 1 bed though)...try the Brier Creek area...

Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 AM

546 posts, read 2,416,801 times
do you want to rent or own? I know there are very nice (looking) condos by North Hills mall. That would be a convenient location.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
do you want to rent or own? I know there are very nice (looking) condos by North Hills mall. That would be a convenient location.
I want to rent. First, because I think it is a good idea to become familiar with an area to decide whether to remain there and where I would want to live. Second, I think the housing market is still headed downward (especially for condominiums) and that this would not be a good time to buy.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:17 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
You can find condo rentals downtown.
Cameron Village to Glenwood South area should fit your described area very well.
I know you said you are not looking for the least expensive. Nice new/newer condos bring pricey rents, though.

Old 06-28-2007, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
You can find condo rentals downtown.
Cameron Village to Glenwood South area should fit your described area very well.
I know you said you are not looking for the least expensive. Nice new/newer condos bring pricey rents, though.
Mike, are these in areas that are safe for walking home at night? Stores to walk to? To put "pricey rents" in perspective, where I live now the LEAST expensive 2 bedrooms are at least $2500 a month, that is what I pay, and I consider it too much for housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary