Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:32 AM

308 posts, read 966,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
You ARE very confused. North Raleigh is very desirable and pricey.

Are you looking for areas in Raleigh or in Wake County?

Vicki
Raleigh and sourrounding.

Don't know what areas belong to Wake County. Should I stay within Wake County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Help us understand what you consider to be a good area. Are you looking for a newer area or a historic area? Are you looking for a home or a condo? Do you like rural areas or areas closer to the action. Help us by describing your ideal conditions and your budget and, perhaps, we can help you some more. Good luck!
OK. I don't care about new, old or wahtever as long it is safe, clean and the neighborhood is friendly.

House or condo, doenst matter. Should not more than maybe 20 min to downtown?

Budget is aroound $800.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,088,107 times
You'll have a tough time finding a house for rent for $800.

Saturnfan on this board may want to share info about the apartment complex he lives in. He seems very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
OK. I don't care about new, old or wahtever as long it is safe, clean and the neighborhood is friendly.

House or condo, doenst matter. Should not more than maybe 20 min to downtown?

Budget is aroound $800.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
You'll have a tough time finding a house for rent for $800.

Saturnfan on this board may want to share info about the apartment complex he lives in. He seems very happy with it.
I am satisfy with a 1-2 BR apartment. I don't need a whole house yet.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:12 PM

11 posts, read 21,450 times
MAD King, I recall you saying in your other thread that you are self-employed and will work from home. Since you won't be having to base your location on a commute to work, then you should live within easy access of your favorite hobbies. What do you like to do for entertainment and leisure? Maybe some posters can give you more specific ideas of areas to live if we knew that information.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev5778 View Post
MAD King, I recall you saying in your other thread that you are self-employed and will work from home. Since you won't be having to base your location on a commute to work, then you should live within easy access of your favorite hobbies. What do you like to do for entertainment and leisure? Maybe some posters can give you more specific ideas of areas to live if we knew that information.
Good idea. I need a Gym and a good Aikido Dojo.

Is the traffic that bad that it is terrible to drive?

Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM

11 posts, read 21,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD King View Post
Good idea. I need a Gym and a good Aikido Dojo.

Is the traffic that bad that it is terrible to drive?
This is what a Google search turned up for Aikido Dojo in the area:

Raleigh Ki Aikido

http://www.raleighaikido.com/

Raleigh Aikikai - Martial Arts

Seibukan Aikido Dojo

http://www.triangleaikido.com/

Aikido Club at NC State

Durham, NC, Aikido :: Welcome to Choshinkan Dojo!

Seibukan Aikido, Raleigh, NC : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Finding a gym should be no trouble at all for you . . . they're everywhere around here! I don't think traffic is terrible here, but I'm comparing it to my experience having lived in Atlanta, GA for 3 and a half years where traffic was a bear. Traffic in Wake county can't be nearly as bad as Florida traffic I would imagine. From what I hear, the worst traffic you'll experience is if you commute from Raleigh to the Research Triangle Park area for work.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev5778 View Post
This is what a Google search turned up for Aikido Dojo in the area:

Raleigh Ki Aikido

Raleigh Aikido

Raleigh Aikikai - Martial Arts

Seibukan Aikido Dojo

www.triangleaikido.com

Aikido Club at NC State

Durham, NC, Aikido :: Welcome to Choshinkan Dojo!

Seibukan Aikido, Raleigh, NC : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

Finding a gym should be no trouble at all for you . . . they're everywhere around here! Traffic in Wake county can't be nearly as bad as Florida traffic I would imagine. From what I hear, the worst traffic you'll experience is if you commute from Raleigh to the Research Triangle Park area for work.
Great. Thank you

Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,674,162 times
Honestly Raleigh isn't that confusing. Its probably the most simple mid-sized city in America. If you plan a trip here you will easily see for yourself. There aren't any around Raleigh to avoid. Pretty much every area comes down to taste or budget.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:30 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,088,107 times
If you lived where saturnfan lives, Raleigh Aikikai Martial Arts wouldn't be far at all. Probably five or seven minutes. My neighbor, a great guy, owns it:
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~raleigh.aikikai/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary