Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I would have been like you, irritated for being forced to attend. I've had to endure this nonsense for years. Being at the whim of a manager who thought they had the original and brilliant idea that was bound to bring the "team" together. The high usually lasted about a week and then old behaviour patterns surfaced.

I think NRG's comments are appropriate. A surprise that folks like these would participate. It would be different if they were truthful with advertising.

Anyhow, take one for the team (CD) and let us know how it was. If it gets too bad, log on and moan about it...we'll be here
Can do. Like I said, I think a few of the speakers will be fun to listen to...for the otherparts though I think I might just tune out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 05:55 AM

39 posts, read 99,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggJoe4181 View Post
All for the low low price of roughly $1000. It's not totally motivational and to be quite frank I was more aggrivated for being forced to attend the siminar than I was motivated.

I'm going to try and go to this one with a different attitude but the moment they start to push some product on me I'm sure my attitude is going to change.
From what I've read online from someone who actually bought the software, you can't really use it unless you also sign up for more "education" from the vendor at the cost of a few more grand.

From what I've seen, all of these seminars are essentially the same, so not sure a different attitude is going to help much.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:05 AM

39 posts, read 99,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Why do people like Roy Williams and Colin Powell associate themselves with get rich quick schemes?

I honestly thought more of them than that!
Thought the same thing myself. My take is that they get paid a hefty appearance fee, and serve as the way to get people in the building. I guess they come in, say their thing, and leave with a fat paycheck. And in between, attendees are bombarded with get-rich-quick schemes that they are apparently more than happy to buy into. Just read that Sarah Palin has spoken at a couple of these, too.

I've also read that they typically oversell the event, so best to heed the warnings about traffic at and near the event.

This is what I've read online, not from any personal experience. Don't think I'll ever be experiencing this myself, although I think it would be nice to hear Powell, Giuliani and Holtz speak. Can't deal with all the rest, though.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:20 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,869,784 times
Here's a similar one by the same group. You'll be surprised (or not) at who spoke at it George W. Bush, Rudy Giuliani and Colin Powell Will Speak to Everyone You've Ever Met For Whatever You've Got in Your Wallet and a Few Sandwiches | Indecision Forever | Political Humor, 2010 Election, and Satire Blog | Comedy Central

This comments is for our female members -girls...what's with this woman's hairdo?? I thought she had a straight short do and was wearing a curly hair hat Sorry, I can't take career advice from someone who can't even find a good hairdresser! If I had been unemployed and on the dole for years and never intended to work again but was forced to go on interviews...this is how I'd fix my hair so I'd NOT get offered the job

Old 09-05-2010, 11:17 PM

609 posts, read 505,796 times
Can't stand most of the Speakers anyway... not worth my time.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 AM

41 posts, read 84,698 times
I went to one downtown about 10 years ago. I believer Ziglar was there too. If this is going to be about the same, I suspect there will be a "ton of merchandise in the back of the room" My suggestion: BUYER BEWARE.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:09 AM

57 posts, read 145,932 times
Think about it, $5 a person and $19.95 for the whole office! Whats their motivation in doing such seminars? They have to sell you stuff to make some money. This is not a non profit public service event. As my dad says......."you get what you pay for" :-)

Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,936,310 times
The N&O has a story today about the traffic jams expected tomorrow from this event:

Motivate yourself to avoid a traffic jam - Road Worrier - NewsObserver.com

Old 09-07-2010, 08:40 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
Absolutely not. I'm not paying to be indoctrinated by wealthy politicians and business people!

Last edited by lamishra; 09-07-2010 at 09:32 AM..

Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,864,425 times
18,000 extra cars on I-40 - that would take a lot of motivation just to go there and as Lamishra says who want's to get indoctrinated by a bunch of business people and politicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The N&O has a story today about the traffic jams expected tomorrow from this event:

Motivate yourself to avoid a traffic jam - Road Worrier - NewsObserver.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary