Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 AM

17 posts, read 41,316 times

Advertisements

I am a mom to be in North Raleigh and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on Growing Child Pediatrics (specifically the location in North Raleigh on Horizon Drive). I have an uncommon insurance company and Raleigh Pediatrics doesn't take it, so I am forced to choose between just a few clinics. Growing Child Pediatrics is by far the closest to my house. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 AM

18 posts, read 36,734 times
I have a 3 month old and I found GCP convenient because they have so many locations, but the doctors vary. I suppose that's the case everywhere. Some doctors treat my kid like he's on an assembly line in a factory, but others are great. Some have left me waiting in a room for 20 minutes while I peep out the window and see the doctor chatting on facebook/gchat. It's really mixed. If you go with them I recommend that once you get seen by a doctor that you like, you just make appointments with that doctor from then on.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:05 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,547 times
I love them. My boys have been seeing them for 6+ years. I've been to that office, the Clayton office, and the Knightdale office. I see Kristi Woods mostly, my kids have a couple of special needs so it's nice to see the same doctor. I have seen a few different docs there and they've all been great. They have taken great care of my kids when they have been sick and in emergency situations. Just a few that I remember that were really good were Dr. Woods, Dr. Knudsen, Colleen Parish, Virginia McClean, and Dr. Hamp and Dr. Thomas. Dr. Hamp is great with babies. When mine were infants and they saw him, he would hold them the entire visit, even when he was talking to me after the exam. The urgent care they have is great too. I sound like I'm doing a commercial for them, but they've done great with my kids.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,106 times
my son sees dr. knudsen @ horizon drive and loves him. he likes his humor. we have been at gcp for 12 years now (yikes) -- but we are to the point where we just need annual visit and an occasional strep test. so, we haven't seen anyone but dr. knudsen for awhile. back in the day, when our visits were more frequent, we'd see whoever was available and they were all fine. I appreciate being able to get a same day appt whenever needed...sometimes, within the hour. They are also really great and reliable with forms -- school physicals, camp physicals - they don't charge per form (Yay) and it is always ready at the desk when they promised. same for Rx refills when needed.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:26 PM

835 posts, read 2,877,663 times
Before I even read your post, I was thinking assembly line...funny. In our experience with GCP for the 2-1/2 years since we moved here, there is no personal feel or interaction with their physicians at the Wake Forest office at least. We only went to the Briar Creek office once so can't really comment on that office.

We have since started taking our boys ages 14 and 15 to Village Family Care on Rogers Road in WF. In particular, Dr. Cefalu. LOVE him! He is the most thorough and caring doctor I have ever had except for my doc up north. He spends a lengthy amount of time every visit exploring every possible reason for whatever ails you and then more pondering on the best treatment plan. Unlike many doctors, he won't simply hand you a prescription and then send you on your way. Great doctor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilms0309 View Post
I have a 3 month old and I found GCP convenient because they have so many locations, but the doctors vary. I suppose that's the case everywhere. Some doctors treat my kid like he's on an assembly line in a factory, but others are great. Some have left me waiting in a room for 20 minutes while I peep out the window and see the doctor chatting on facebook/gchat. It's really mixed. If you go with them I recommend that once you get seen by a doctor that you like, you just make appointments with that doctor from then on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary