Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 02:00 PM

46 posts, read 177,146 times

Advertisements

Hello.. we live in Louisburg, but usually drive to Henderson for medical care. Raleigh, Rocky Mount, Wake Forest or anywhere within a 30 minute to 1 hour radius is ok. Can't go to Durham or Chapel Hill. Thats going to be too far and my husband has to drive me.

I'm hoping someone has a recommendation on a rheumatologist with a kind heart and one who does his or her own pain management. Its very hard for me to have to run about to so many doctors. I'll do it if I must but my preference would be to have a rheumy handle everything.

Thanks ahead of time and oh yeah, I have rheumatoid arthrits, amng other unpleasant ailments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
That's too bad you can't get to Durham because my mom has RA and absolutely loves her new rheumatologist at Duke (my parents moved here in December). If you change your mind, send me a DM and I'll get his name.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:57 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
We've been pleased with Sylvia Ross. In Raleigh, near Rex Hospital.

Old 09-12-2010, 04:36 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
We've been pleased with Sylvia Ross. In Raleigh, near Rex Hospital.
Ditto. She's amazing.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Thanks or the replies and suggestions. I really do need someone who's patient friendly and who can give me some hope. I may have no choice but to travel to Raleigh or Durham.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:38 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,809,218 times
I was seeing Dr. Douglas Freeman, but stopped going because of the wait time. It was not uncommon to sit in his waiting room for 3-4 hours. He spends a LOT of time with his patients, which can be a good thing. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't fit his style. When you're in pain, it's not fun to sit and wait for that long.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
I was seeing Dr. Douglas Freeman, but stopped going because of the wait time. It was not uncommon to sit in his waiting room for 3-4 hours. He spends a LOT of time with his patients, which can be a good thing. Unfortunately, the schedule doesn't fit his style. When you're in pain, it's not fun to sit and wait for that long.
How well I know, which reminds me that here in NC... even if you cannot walk, apparently you are sent to a pain management doctor which makes it even more difficult to get treatment.

Thanks for the tip on Dr. Freeman. I'm really surprised there are not more rheumatologists given the number of medical schools in the area.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 AM

17 posts, read 41,316 times
I used to see Dr. Kyle Strader, who works with Dr. Freeman at NC Arthritis and Allergy Care Center. I never had to wait long for him (he doesn't talk to patients as long as Dr. Freeman) but he was always kind and asked me several times during the appointment if I had any questions. I recently had to switch to Duke due to a change in my insurance, but I liked that practice. They are in Raleigh close to 440 off Six Forks Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary