Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2010, 09:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,745 times

Advertisements

I am tired of orlando and want to move to raleigh. Is it better in raleigh thatn orlando.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 01:16 AM

61 posts, read 201,336 times
Hi. I'm from Orlando as well. I'm also looking into moving to NC. =) There's a lot of good information on these boards where they will help you with all kinds of questions you may have.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:26 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by df41 View Post
I am tired of orlando and want to move to raleigh. Is it better in raleigh thatn orlando.
You need to define what you mean by "better". Better weather? Better job market? Better cost of living? Better people? Etc.

Why have you set your sights on Raleigh in the first place if you don't know what's here or if it's better than where you are?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:43 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,320 times
i 2nd what francois wrote....also, have you visited the area yet? i moved to raleigh from tampa in 2001 to be closer to family (who live in charlotte) and i came to visit a coupla times to make sure it was right for me

Old 09-18-2010, 05:43 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Quote:
This is really a silly question. If you ask 10 people, some will say it's better, some will say it's not and some won't have an opinion. Please be more specific. What made you choose Raleigh?

Old 09-18-2010, 05:06 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
The amusements parks in and near Orlando are way lots better than those in Raleigh. (There aren't any in Raleigh.)

Old 09-18-2010, 08:17 PM

60 posts, read 129,397 times
The beach is closer to Orlando, so it is better.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:41 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
Quote:
I live in the Orlando area and I've visited Raleigh quite a few times for relocation. They both have their distinct differences. To me, the Raleigh area reminds me a mix of country and a mix of suburbs, so you get the best of both worlds. It will be a change from FL without all the palm trees. The people seemed to be very friendly and helpful there. It's further to the beach, but it's still managable in a day trip. The plus is that you are only 3 hours from the mountains. No theme parks though, but there are a few within a days drive. You do get 4 distinct seasons which is definately a change from FL. Orlando is hot for several months, but has mild winters where you can be outside all year.

IMHO, I think you should check it out for yourself. What one may like, another may not. You have Raleigh and then you have alot or towns around it which each one is unique. As for me, it's a change from FL and I think I would enjoy the change but I still like FL. BTW, the reason we haven't made the move yet is b/c we have to sell here in FL and the market is not in our favor.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary