Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 11:15 AM

615 posts, read 1,503,628 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what everyone thought and if anybody got any job offers??

None here yet....<sigh>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM

91 posts, read 455,501 times
Yes and boy was it crowded. I actually got hired as an EC resource teacher at an elementary school. The offer just came Tues. I think most schools are working on things this week but there could be a delay due to the holiday. All I need now is to get a house.
We found this great house and the sellers are not being very flexible.
Did you find any good developments?

Good Luck!

Gia

Old 07-05-2007, 10:42 AM

Gia-

Glad you had good luck. It seemed like many principals were looking for EC teachers. Can I ask which school you'll be at? My daughter will actually be in a EC class when we move.(PDD)

I've been speaking with the Human Resources director(I'm sure you know his name/been speaking with him as well..I just don't want to mention specific names on this forum) this week and he said there has been interest in my credentials from area principals, so I am hopeful I will get an offer also soon.

We've decided to rent for 6 months rather than buy. We have a house to sell here in Jersey first(we'll move regardless if it sells or not, if I get a job offer).

We actually like the McGees Crossroads/Angier area. So when we do buy, I think that is the area we will be looking at.

When will you be making your move??

Old 07-05-2007, 12:01 PM

I will actualy be at Selma Elementary. I know who you are talking about too. I may have to rent too. I am having a hard time finding a house.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:43 PM

Gia-

Curious as why you are having a hard time finding a house? There seems to be a lot available.

I think its a good idea to rent though at first. Especially if you can find a short-term rental. Gives you more time to get a feel for the area and what area you would prefer living in, commute to work etc.

Good Luck at Selma Elem. and finding a place to live. Maybe I'll run into you some time at a workshop or something.

Old 07-05-2007, 01:18 PM

Any suggestions where to find such a rental. I honestly do not think I can do an apartment.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:47 PM

Gia--

Try: rent.com
craigslist.org
and
Clayton Residential Rentals

I've seen homes/townhomes there in the Clayton area.

Good Luck!

Old 07-06-2007, 08:27 AM

Thanks. I will check that out

Old 07-16-2007, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,610 times
Hi,

I went to the job fair also. I was applying for office or cafeteria (trying to get that foot in the door) at the new Archer Lodge Middle school. I know the principal was going on vacation for a week and it's a new school. Has anyone else heard anything?

We found a place to rent through claytonrentals.com. We wanted to rent before we buy a home...to make sure about the area. This weekend we started our move. We were planning on staying one night and come back next weekend with more of our stuff. Good thing because the house was not ready...the a/c was not working and no frig...they said a frig would be in the house two weeks ago when we signed the lease agreement. We have some issues to work out but we still really like the house and the neighborhood.

Clayton residential rentals does have several nice rental houses. We could not handle an apartment either, especially with 3 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary