Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 04:48 PM

21 posts, read 56,171 times

Advertisements

Hi, does anyone have any information about Thornrose II in WF or actually live there? How would you rate it as a family oriented community? Low Crime, violence and drugs? How are the schools? TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 07:41 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
I like the location of the neighborhood, it is close (less than 5 miles) from harris teeter grocery store, a couple of shops, (close to heritage). The elementary school for next year is rolesville elementary, the middle is wake forest rolesville and the high school is knightdale. They are building a new high school in 2009 called heritage high school but who knows which people will be designated to go there.

It is a lennar neighborhood which is a national production builder. I think lennar builds a nice home, but with production builders (although lennar says everything is included) you may end up paying for different upgrades.

I do like the location and the neighborhood though.

leigh

Old 07-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Thanks Leigh. Anyone else?

Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie3 View Post
Thanks Leigh. Anyone else?
I know where it is at....don't know much about the nieghborhood though other then a few kids that go to school at Ligon ride my daughter's bus from there. I agree with what leighbhe mentions though.

Sorry I don't have more!

Old 07-04-2007, 05:11 PM

I found a house there, it said the high school was wake-Roseville (sp.), is that not true and is it really Knightdale? How are the schools there, overcrowded, redistricting kids? Has anyone heard when all this redistricting and Year-around vs. traditional is going to end? I just heard from a realtor to stay away from wake counties schools b/c of all the problems they are having. I also heard that a family recently sued wcss b/c of these problems. My little girl needs some stability in her life, we have moved around 6 times in the last three years and I just don't want her bounced around from school to school year after year. Thanks.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:32 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times
Quote:
I found a house there, it said the high school was wake-Roseville (sp.), is that not true and is it really Knightdale? How are the schools there, overcrowded, redistricting kids? Has anyone heard when all this redistricting and Year-around vs. traditional is going to end? I just heard from a realtor to stay away from wake counties schools b/c of all the problems they are having. I also heard that a family recently sued wcss b/c of these problems. My little girl needs some stability in her life, we have moved around 6 times in the last three years and I just don't want her bounced around from school to school year after year. Thanks.
The school for the 2007-2008 year is knightdale. The high schools are all traditional calendar and there is no plan to make them year round. You can check on the wake county public school website (Wake County Public School System) and plug the address into the student locater section and click on 2007/2008 school year.

If I were you I would also call the wcpss and ask about redistricting situation for high school students (for some reason I feel like they can only be redistricted before a certain grade in school), and I would call knightdale high school and ask them about their schedules, classes, etc and see if it would be a good fit for your daughter.

hope this helps

Leigh

Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 AM

2,376 posts, read 2,932,143 times
Quote:
Hi, does anyone have any information about Thornrose II in WF or actually live there? How would you rate it as a family oriented community? Low Crime, violence and drugs? How are the schools? TIA
We looked at Thornrose but ended up buying in Dansforth which is the community next to Thornrose and connected via Song Sparrow drive. We take our dog for a walk around our neighborhood and also go through Thornrose. It seems like a very nice neighborhood and we love living in the area.

The Heritage shops (Harris Teeter, etc) are actually closer to our house then a lot of the houses IN Heritage. (We looked there, too, and I am anal-retentive so I measure all kinds of stuff like that.)

I think it is very low on the crime & violence and even the kids/teenagers in the neighborhood seem to be nice. I don't notice as many "rough" looking kids, houses or cars as compared to some other areas we looked at.

As far as the school question goes our house is registered to Rolesville Elementary, Wake Forest Middle and Wake Forest High for 07-08CY. (Per the Wake County Schools website referenced by the other poster.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary