Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 AM

67 posts, read 175,433 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good chinese restraunt that does take out. The one I found "Eastern Chinese" I think, was closed. Can anyone recommend a place in the Morrisville, Cary area?

Thanks..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 10:49 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,166,401 times
If you're talking about Eastern China, I'd avoid it. Their last inspection score was 84.5!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:03 AM

60 posts, read 129,384 times
We tried JJ China (3607 Davis Drive Suite #114, Morrisville) recently and enjoyed it so much that we've already been back again.

They're in the plaza where the Food Lion (was supposed to be a Bloom) recently opened at the corner of Davis and Morrisville Carpenter Rd.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:40 AM

62 posts, read 204,182 times
I really like Red Dragon. It's in Morrisville at the intersection of Davis and Mcrimmon. They are a sit down restaurant but do take out as well.

JJ China was pretty good as well.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:41 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,149,614 times
CD users tend to rate SuperWok at Chatham Square as the best "Authentic" Chinese food in the area. (Caution: Authentic means it is not your standard menu, and has some stuff that may not be as familiar to the American Pallate. To me, this is a good thing, but some may not agree.)

As for standard Chinese Take Out, there are so many to choose from. For standard, I like the Honk Kong Express (I think that's the name) in the Harris Teeter Shopping center in Apex, corner of Hwy 55 and Apex Peakway. Nothing special, but consistently good, with friendly service and smiling faces.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:00 PM

24 posts, read 64,190 times
I usually go to C&T Wok in Morrisville. It has both a very good "authentic" menu and a standard Chinese menu. I think SuperWok is great, but it is a little far for me.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:12 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weiyan8 View Post
I really like Red Dragon. It's in Morrisville at the intersection of Davis and Mcrimmon. They are a sit down restaurant but do take out as well.

JJ China was pretty good as well.
We used to occasionally get takeout from Red Dragon, especially after Super Wok received a low sanitation grade. After a super busy weekend, we were planning to get takeout this past Sunday....that is UNTIL we randomly decided to look up their health inspection score. It was an 85.5. More concerning than the score were the types of violations!

Don't know what has caused them to go downhill. I guess the obvious reply would be "the economy."

On the lookout as well for a new Chinese takeout restaurant.

Wake County Restaurant and Sanitation Inspection Grades

Old 10-05-2010, 05:28 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times
We like Superwok and Neochina. IMO, SUperwok is better as a takeout place though, it's not very nice on the inside. The food is very good thugh! We also Neochina and that's a nice atmosphere.
We went to the new Chinese buffet, I think it's called Hibachi or something and we were not impressed. It's one ginormous buffet, but the food was awful!

Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,824,312 times
Orient Garden on 54 is awesome! They are so crowded during the lunch rush and I really like their take on many dishes.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM

455 posts, read 918,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
Orient Garden on 54 is awesome! They are so crowded during the lunch rush and I really like their take on many dishes.
This. They also have a location at High House and Maynard in the Kroger shopping center. Best chinese food I've had in a while!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary