Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanga View Post
If that's true, then the rumor of them going in by 540 near Beaver Creek is a lock!
I missed that rumor but you are right. 540 is slated to go in right there at that area but Beaver Creek is a bit aways from that spot but it still fits.

Just wish they'd start that thing already!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 05:18 PM

133 posts, read 393,361 times
To me, BJ's is like an inferior Costco.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:55 AM

371 posts, read 1,218,510 times
I like BJ's better than "Sams". BJ's issue/take coupons (their own and manufacturer's) and take all types of credit cards. Never had Costco - so can't tell the difference.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1234 View Post
To me, BJ's is like an inferior Costco.
To each his own but I personally find BJ's to have much nicer selctions than Costco. Was totally unimpressed by them.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:37 PM

360 posts, read 995,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcub View Post
To each his own but I personally find BJ's to have much nicer selctions than Costco. Was totally unimpressed by them.
I don't get why anybody pays to shop at BJs, their prices are the same, if not more than what I can get at any regular grocery store, and the quality sucks! I bought a bag of bananas (the smallest they offered) and within a day they were all bruised looking, and when I peeled them were beginning to rot! Plus their deli meat is horrible, if you have the patience to wait in line to get it!

Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Like any other store, you have to be selective about what you buy there. You can't assume everything is better or cheaper. For stuff like health and beauty, paper products and boxed or canned goods I have found BJs to be way less than even Walmart. I would assume Sams and Costco are similar. I am sure every store has some items cheaper or more expensive than others.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
I don't get why anybody pays to shop at BJs, their prices are the same, if not more than what I can get at any regular grocery store, and the quality sucks! I bought a bag of bananas (the smallest they offered) and within a day they were all bruised looking, and when I peeled them were beginning to rot! Plus their deli meat is horrible, if you have the patience to wait in line to get it!
It depends on what you buy. I get many thigns there in larger amounts at significant savings from the grocery store such as detergents, fab softeners, coffee and more.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,473,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
I've found quite a few things there that are cheaper. And I only buy those things. Yes, some things are more expensive but I pay attention to prices. I used to actually keep a spread sheet with current pricing on everything I buy at various stores. It got to be too much work, though, and I have a pretty good memory for numbers so I stopped doing it.

Old 01-07-2011, 07:44 PM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times
+1 for BJ's.
Cheap milk, coffee, pretzels, cereal, razor blades, bread, beer, raisins, paper products, dates, bananas, shampoo, soap, body wash, canned soups, and more than a few etceteras, I am sure.

Haven't been to Costco, but maybe some day...

Old 01-07-2011, 08:09 PM

4,261 posts, read 4,706,148 times
We dropped BJ's for Costco, even though we live closer to a BJ's. Very happy with Costco.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary