Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 PM

351 posts, read 1,068,675 times

Advertisements

Can't have too many dog parks, good for Wake Forest.

Wake Forest Opens First Dog Park :: WRAL.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,030,382 times
I just read about that today in the wake weekly. Very exciting for people. I remember back in the day (and it was only 5 years ago) then trials and tribulations of attempting to get a dog park in cary. that was a lot of work!!!!

Leigh

Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 PM

12 posts, read 34,412 times
Thanks for sharing this. Hopefully we will see some more of these popping up around the Triangle.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin' View Post

I've been going every day this week....in fact, heading out in just a bit for our evening romp.

It's slow going yet...haven't seen more then 5 or 6 dogs at a time. The human's a have been friendly, though man have never taken their dogs to such a place before and there is a learning curve for them. (The dogs take to it like ducks to water!)

Some bugs have to be worked out....bring your own water. Their 'doggie water fountains are next to useless...badly located and most dogs don't like them, as well as low water pressure. I'd love to know who sold them on that idea. What a waste of money.

I just emailed by town commissioner about what steps we have to take to get a "Friend's of the Wake Forest Dog Park" group going. I am not a community activist, but I'd like to help get one going. Many of the people I've met at the park, as well as my neighbors with dogs are very interested in such a group.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:41 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times
The people at PUP might have some experience or suggestions for you.

People for Unleashed Parks - Raleigh, NC

Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVentive View Post
The people at PUP might have some experience or suggestions for you.

People for Unleashed Parks - Raleigh, NC
Yes, I have spoke to the board members of Milbrook in the past as well.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadreamin' View Post

It was another great night at the dog park this evening!! More people then I’ve seen there ever and a friendly crowd!! Very diverse in age and background….all talking to each other, laughing at the dogs….great community! Quite a variety of dogs around…with responsible owners.

We all agree we need to get a friends of the dog park group going and need to address the lack of actual water facilities and just continue to build on the enthusiasm of everyone. It will be interesting to see how responsive the town commissioners in WF are.

If you live in or near Wake Forest, I do encourage you to come on out this weekend…..this is only going to get better!!! *Just bring your own water for now!!*

Last edited by Desdemona123; 07-05-2007 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
Aw I wish my dog were a dog park kinda pup! (it would be like pushing a 95 year old lady into the middle of a bumper car ride)

In Fl there are many dogs parks and they become their own little communities. I know of a few marriages that have resulted. Hm, maybe I need to borrow someone else's dog and go there... :-D

Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,144 times
Default Dog Park

I try to take my bassett/lab mix puppy every morning that I have off. We were going to the one at Millbrook, but this one is much closer. Do alot more people go in the evenings? If so does it get a bit crowded?(I get nervous if there are like more than 10-15 dogs).

Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julles View Post
I try to take my bassett/lab mix puppy every morning that I have off. We were going to the one at Millbrook, but this one is much closer. Do alot more people go in the evenings? If so does it get a bit crowded?(I get nervous if there are like more than 10-15 dogs).
There are normally about 10 to 15 dogs in the evening....pretty much a regular crowd.....we all are starting to know each other's dogs by name...which ones have similar playing styles etc. etc. Good group of people and dogs. Quite a few younger puppy's that are good matches for each other....as the older dogs look at them like they've lost their minds.

The formal ribbon cutting is tomorrow night (Thursday, July 19th) at 6:30 pm. I have a feeling it's going to be packed then....at least more so then normal.

No one has heard anything back from anyone about getting a 'Friends of the Dog Park' group going officially. I know it is going to be one thing that is going to be a huge topic for the officials on hand tomorrow! I think most of us have been biding out time until then. I do know that they understand they have to do something about the water situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary