Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 06:41 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogirl View Post
Beermat - I didn't know there was a park planned for Green Level. Where will it be? Do you have other info?
Mike, the park you link to is further down Green Level towards Apex. The park they mentioned at the Corridor Study is the proposed Morris Branch Park at the corner of McCrimmom and Green Level Church Road and backing up to Cary Glen Blvd - so it looks like it will be a large size park connected to the Amberly Greenway with a tunnel under the widened Green Level Church Road.

They also mentioned West Cary Park but I never asked any questions about that other than its between Mills Park Elementary School and Green Level Church Road. Again I would guess the plan is to connect it to the Cary Park Lake Greenway where there is already a tunnel under Green Level Church with a pavement to Cary Park Town Center.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 06:47 AM

232 posts, read 1,030,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOfThis View Post
BTW, Firestation 8 will be a pilot "Green Build" project. It will be built to near LEED specs, but the TOC will not pursue LEED certification due to cost. It seems a very sensible approach IMO.

Fire Station 8

I wonder how congested Mills Park Rd. will eventually get if and when they connect the "future roads". So far I haven't noticed too much congestion with both schools open, but then I'm only driving in the area in late afternoon. Glad to have the traffic lights at the intersection!
I think there will be an outlet from Mill park school onto Morrisville Parkway on the south end of the school which will ease the current bottleneck from Mills Park on to Green Level to the west.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:12 AM

43,266 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
Mike, the park you link to is further down Green Level towards Apex. The park they mentioned at the Corridor Study is the proposed Morris Branch Park at the corner of McCrimmom and Green Level Church Road and backing up to Cary Glen Blvd - so it looks like it will be a large size park connected to the Amberly Greenway with a tunnel under the widened Green Level Church Road.

They also mentioned West Cary Park but I never asked any questions about that other than its between Mills Park Elementary School and Green Level Church Road. Again I would guess the plan is to connect it to the Cary Park Lake Greenway where there is already a tunnel under Green Level Church with a pavement to Cary Park Town Center.

Whoops. Too many "Green Level *.*" alternatives.

Morris Branch Park

West Cary Park

Old 10-27-2010, 10:01 AM

128 posts, read 282,755 times
I think it's great that West Cary is getting two parks and a Police & Fire Station. The provision of infrastructure is lagging behind the number of homes located there and it will maske the area even more desirable. As for McDonaslds it's not my preference but that location has been empty for 3 years so good look to them as they sure will bring additional traffic to shopping center which will in turn attract other businesses. It's all good

Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
So are they ever going to straighten out that little bit of Green Level Church Rd just south of Cary Park where it narrows back down to one lane and then the stop sign? Seems ridiculous that it has been just a couple hundred feet from being completed for this long.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:22 PM

379 posts, read 959,043 times
Major road work started a few weeks back- trees down, grading for additional lanes etc.

News release from TOC on Aug. 27th 2010:
Traffic Alert- Green Level Church Road Widening Project

OR you must be referring to the other end? If so, I am not aware of any plans for that unless it was discussed at the Corridor Study meeting on 10/21. From what is there now it will be re-aligned to continue straight and get rid of the "funky" make a right, STOP at the STOP sign, make a Left, Blah, Blah......

Old 10-27-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
So are they ever going to straighten out that little bit of Green Level Church Rd just south of Cary Park where it narrows back down to one lane and then the stop sign? Seems ridiculous that it has been just a couple hundred feet from being completed for this long.
I asked the ToC Project team about that bit of road and they said it was down to the developer of Hilliard Forest. Whilst it is not in the Green Level Corridor Study they did make note of how dangerous the intersection is in the zig zag now that the Austin Pond Road has been extended by the Club House to join Green Level Church Road but with the primary right of way, even though 98% of traffic is staying on Green level Church. My comment was that it should be a 4 way stop until the new section is built at some future time. To be fair to the Project Team the Corridor Study is between Morrisville Parkway and McCrimmon Parkway so excludes that section of road, but they did note several peoples comments on how dangerous it is currently.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:08 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beermat View Post
I asked the ToC Project team about that bit of road and they said it was down to the developer of Hilliard Forest. Whilst it is not in the Green Level Corridor Study they did make note of how dangerous the intersection is in the zig zag now that the Austin Pond Road has been extended by the Club House to join Green Level Church Road but with the primary right of way, even though 98% of traffic is staying on Green level Church. My comment was that it should be a 4 way stop until the new section is built at some future time. To be fair to the Project Team the Corridor Study is between Morrisville Parkway and McCrimmon Parkway so excludes that section of road, but they did note several peoples comments on how dangerous it is currently.
Thanks for the info. I had a suspicion that it was a developer issue since the way it was left made no sense. I agree that it is somewhat dangerous, although I haven't run into any accidents there yet. I would probably just make it a three-way stop though

Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
Thanks for the info. I had a suspicion that it was a developer issue since the way it was left made no sense. I agree that it is somewhat dangerous, although I haven't run into any accidents there yet. I would probably just make it a three-way stop though
LoL I can't believe I said 4 way stop - thanks for the correction - I bet the ToC guys are still trying to understand my comment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary