U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-21-2010, 07:29 PM

79 posts, read 202,926 times
Default Free NC State Fair Parking

Anyone know were I can park for free at the fair? I read that there is free parking at Carter Finely Stadium. Is that within walking distance to the fair? If not, do they provide shuttles? We have a two year old and a stroller so we don't want it to be too long of a walk, or a packed shuttle bus.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 07:40 PM

7,362 posts, read 14,269,830 times
That is considered walking distance! There are no shuttles other than the park and ride bus. Make sure you take a stroller and a good pair of walking shoes. It can be a hike.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:25 PM

313 posts, read 458,604 times
I noticed that you are in Apex? If you drive to Cary you can get the CAT bus for $4 round trip per adult at the soccer park. They drop you right off at the Fair at Gate 1. When you are done, you get the CAT back to Cary from Gate 1 and ride back to your car.... we did it Monday afternoon and it was well worth it!

http://www.ncstatefair.org/2010/General/GetToFair.htm (broken link)

Old 10-21-2010, 08:32 PM

4,406 posts, read 7,135,504 times
We drive down Trinity , park at Carter Finley and enter Gate 8 of the fair.
It isn't really a long walk . You come in by the lake & gristmill .
I saw lots of toddlers in wagons this year which
seemed to work well. I wonder if they are easier on the gravel areas that strollers.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:54 PM

438 posts, read 582,871 times
There was actually a van in the Carter Finley lot offering rides for $1 but it's an easy walk. If you can leave the stroller though and wear some sort of backpack you'll have a much easier time navigating the crowds.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:03 PM

930 posts, read 1,739,679 times
We parked at Carter Finley. We had to park there for overflow handicap parking because my Mom is on oxygen. It was a long walk for her and the kids. I would have preferred to ride the bus to the fair.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:02 PM

323 posts, read 508,708 times
I haven't been this year, but in years past, if you parked on the back side of Carter Finley or at RBC, they had free trams that would pick you up and drop you off at the front entrance of Carter Finley. You then just had to cross the street. Are they not doing that this year?

Old 10-22-2010, 01:01 PM

7,934 posts, read 10,293,474 times
Having been last ngiht and taken one of those shuttle buses, I'd say consider one of those, as they are not "packed". They left when it filled up, no "standing room", and there were a couple of mothers with strollers on our bus. It was SO convenient and they run very frequently. It did cost $4 a person, but that's to be dropped off right at the door and not have to walk long ways through traffic. I think you'd find it worth it, especially on the way home if you kids were starting to get tired and cranky.

Old 10-23-2010, 03:33 PM

8,480 posts, read 15,419,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Having been last ngiht and taken one of those shuttle buses, I'd say consider one of those, as they are not "packed". They left when it filled up, no "standing room", and there were a couple of mothers with strollers on our bus. It was SO convenient and they run very frequently. It did cost $4 a person, but that's to be dropped off right at the door and not have to walk long ways through traffic. I think you'd find it worth it, especially on the way home if you kids were starting to get tired and cranky.
The North Raleigh shuttle was great.Came back a second day to enjoy more exhibits.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:34 PM

392 posts, read 744,765 times
We took the shuttle from Cary (WakeMed Soccer Park) and it was excellent. Parking was simple and the bus was not crowded at all. I recommend it highly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary