U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:11 PM

22 posts, read 52,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I was in BJ's at Crossroads last night.
Wife called, and I dumped the call getting my phone out of my pocket.

She called back in a couple of minutes, and all I could hear was a wailing baby.
Pretty bizarre, and my first experience like that.

HTC Evo
I assume you don't have a wailing baby at home????

better get used to it. Welcome to crosstalk - another first for Sprint.

Think of what my son just went through- he called his girlfriend and a guy answered. turns out he just got taken by Sprint crosstalk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,122 times
This "outage" has been going on since September 28 according to multiple Sprint representatives I talked to. I downloaded "Roam Control" for my Evo to force it to roam ($5 in the android market and requires Root). Then I called account serviced and complained. They credited me for the cost of Roam Control.

No problems making phone calls (except to other Sprint phones) while roaming. They seriously need to get this fixed!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM

1,134 posts, read 1,073,092 times
We've been having trouble with Sprint. On two trips to the coast recently - along about Kinston - I could call my brother in Morehead on his cell phone, but I could not call his home phone. No problem from Raleigh. Two weeks ago in Colorado we could not call son in Wyoming and he could not call us. I borrow a Verizon phone and made contact. I'm done with Sprint!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:58 AM

370 posts, read 997,784 times
I was using a Treo 755p, then changed to HTC Touch Pro. My wife is using the Samsung seek. Her parents are having the same issues and are using HTC Evo and Palm Pixi. This is definitely not a specific phone issue.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:36 AM

843 posts, read 1,753,377 times
I live in Durham and have sprint. No problems with calls or data. No crosstalk or robocalls. I cant even remember the last time I had a dropped call. 100% happy with sprint. Im in NJ alot and no problems there either. The only recent problem (2 years ago) was a glitch in plans, where I didnt have internet included on the package. But it was an unlimited text, picture mail account. They tried to charge me for data time to send pics, that were included in the package!? They just credited the charges and put a free "data pack"? on the account. Now can use internet for free! I have 4 phones on a family plan.

Hope they get your problems in Raleigh straightened out. Too many options nowadays to put up with that crap for long!

Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 AM

30,531 posts, read 53,485,812 times
Just did a Speedtest on the back porch with 4 bars of 4G on the Evo.

6.03 Mbps Down
0.54 Mbps Up

Ping 128

That potential keeps me hoping that they will get things straight and reliable.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 AM

3 posts, read 6,105 times
I live in north Wake County near the Granville County line (up Hwy 50). Since Wednesday there's been very poor service (1 or 2 bars) at my house for Sprint 3G data. I use a u720 data card, and I normally get 4 or 5 bars.

To ensure it's not my card I got in the car with my laptop/card and drove about 10 miles north (up to Butner/Creedmoor area). Signal was 5 bars in that area.

I called Sprint on Wednesday, they acknowledged the outage and said it would be fixed in 4-6 hours. On Thursday morning it was still not corrected. I called back, they told me it would be fixed shortly, by 8AM on Thursday. Needless to say, it's still not fixed and I've stopped calling them...they know absolutely nothing, except of course that I'm complaining.

Up until now I've had almost no complaints with Sprint service over the past few years, so I'm hoping it gets corrected soon.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:16 PM

18 posts, read 27,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

They have had a problem in Cary/Apex since 10/5, with no projected repair date.
Unfortunately, they still have not fixed this issue.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintuserinNC View Post
Needless to say, it's still not fixed and I've stopped calling them...they know absolutely nothing, except of course that I'm complaining.
The problem is still not fixed.

I did notice that my computer was showing 5 bars....but when I looked closer, it was a 2.5G service, not 3G. I ran a speed test and it was pathetic. I then disconnected and reconnected, and now it's back to 3G with only 1 bar.

Oh well...the waiting continues.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintuserinNC View Post
The problem is still not fixed.

<snip><snip>

Oh well...the waiting continues.

Well, I'm happy to report that the problem with my service is now FIXED!

Thank-you Sprint! I'm back to being a loyal and happy customer again!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary