U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:06 PM

10 posts, read 13,852 times

Advertisements

We are 919 area code and I having issues with my incoming/outgoing calls to multiple area codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2010, 05:49 AM

22 posts, read 53,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesco View Post
what surprises me is the length of time this outage has been occurring. This thread started 10/24. Complete embarrassment.
Agree - and it was a local Sprint store that told me the real problem (area code issue). I have been on the phone everyday since I started this thread, and no one there knew of this issue. I actually sat and read the responses on this thread to the Sprint customer support manager to "notify" him that there really is a problem in Raleigh.

Windows Phone 7 launches tomorrow at AT&T. The Samsung Focus gets the best reviews on this new OS and will get serious consideration from me tomorrow. For those who haven't seen the Samsung AMOLED display (Sprint Epic), it is unbelievable, and blows away every other display out there. Happy it is on the Focus as well.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:33 AM

272 posts, read 637,765 times
I can't wait until my contract is up. I'll definitely be gone. Talk about poor customer service.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:59 AM

117 posts, read 224,052 times
This issue is not confined to the 919/Raleigh area. I am back in Atlanta and have been having this issue for over a month. I thought it was the phone until I got in Raleigh and the OP started this thread (btw, THANKS!). I have been travelling between Atlanta and Virginia Beach and several spots in between and have consistently had this issue. When I did call I was told it was the phone. I just left Raleigh after being there a week and must say it was the WORSE while I was there! SMDH!!!!!! COME ON SPRINT!!!!

I have been with them for 10 years and am just tired. My nerves just cannot take the call the customer service and their incomptetance.

Soon I will be making a change unless this is resolved quickly. Luckily I have a Metro phone so we dont completely depend on Sprint.

Old 11-08-2010, 06:48 PM

Gee, still not fixed, what a shock. Just got off the phone, and dropped the call twice and it was breaking up quite badly. When it dropped one of the times, I tried calling back, and even before it finished dialing, I had some guy on the phone I didn't know. Counting down until we dump sprint...can't wait!!

Old 11-08-2010, 06:55 PM

10 posts, read 13,852 times
I just checked my the details to cancel my contract. One line is up on Jan 31 and the other is up next summer so we will have a $50 fee to walk away if we can wait until Feb 1.

Any suggestions on where to go??? I have only ever had sprint ( 12 years)

I was looking into the prepaid by virgin mobile but just found out they run on sprint network so that doesn't seem to be an improvement.

Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,041,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyingonwho View Post
I just checked my the details to cancel my contract. One line is up on Jan 31 and the other is up next summer so we will have a $50 fee to walk away if we can wait until Feb 1.

Any suggestions on where to go??? I have only ever had sprint ( 12 years)

I was looking into the prepaid by virgin mobile but just found out they run on sprint network so that doesn't seem to be an improvement.
I just switched two of our phones to Virgin mobile pre paid. I went from $125mt with AT&T and dropped calls - lots, to no problems and $25mt for 450 mins and unlimited text, web, media. They hve plans with more minutes. Even though I paid for the phones, I still come out way ahead and recoup the cost of 1 phone in 6 wks. I haven't heard that virgin is on sprints lines, it has some other co's info, not sprint. Either way, we are not having a single problem with service.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
I just switched two of our phones to Virgin mobile pre paid. I went from $125mt with AT&T and dropped calls - lots, to no problems and $25mt for 450 mins and unlimited text, web, media. They hve plans with more minutes. Even though I paid for the phones, I still come out way ahead and recoup the cost of 1 phone in 6 wks. I haven't heard that virgin is on sprints lines, it has some other co's info, not sprint. Either way, we are not having a single problem with service.

Yeah, Virgin in Sprint. Last check, the Sprint stores sell Virgin......

Old 11-09-2010, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,433 times
My wife uses a 561 number and has been having the same problem for about a month. Even went as far as to switch from BBY to Droid but same problem. She is a realtor and receives about 50 calls a day at the least and about half of them need to be reconnected because of the fact her customers cannot hear her. Anyone get any further responses from Sprint on this?

BG

Old 11-09-2010, 09:45 AM

240 posts, read 546,256 times
This is getting to be ridiculous. Who do we need to call to get Sprint to notice we are having trouble getting good signal strength in the greater Raleigh area???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary