U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 02:38 PM

178 posts, read 465,185 times

Advertisements

I've had this problem 4 times today so far. (Receiving calls and I can't hear the caller, but they hear me.) I just returned from being in CA for 9 days and no issues there and used my cell constantly. I have a HTC Hero and 310 area code. However, my mom just called me from an older cell (not smartphone) and 910 area code and I couldn't hear her, but she heard me saying hello a zillion times.

So if it's not a tower issue, has anyone been told what the issue is? Maybe I missed it on this long thread?

Hello? hello? can you hear me? Arughhh!!

Rachel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 03:24 PM

14 posts, read 32,810 times
Yeah your not alone. It's definately something with their network. I have to call someone about 3 times on average before we can actually speak to each other. As I'm typing this a call just came in but guess what...it didn't work. The craziest thing about it is when someone else is on the line who you didn't call. All I do know is they need to get this under control. I say they give out discounts on bills for the inconvenience, but its Sprint so that will NEVER happen.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM

OMG just took my hubby EIGHT tries to connect to me. I'm going to call Sprint tomorrow to complain. When they ask if it's the 1st time calling on this issue, I will do my best evil laugh and demand to speak to a supervisor. I have a headache so I can't deal with this now.

I'll post my results after the call. Rachel

Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,035,557 times
Just wanted to set the record straight for those who are being told that Virgin is on Sprint. I cannot find any proof that Virgin is affiliated with Sprint. If it is, then how come I'm not having issues with my 2 Virgin phones? Our new service/phones on Virgin are working great...absolutely NO issues. My tween said to tell you all 'It's awesome!". We are finding that reception &voice quality, are excellent. NO dropped calls even in Wake Forest north of 98 when we drove around there this weekend.

When I researched this recently I was told by a local phone salesperson that TMobile is on Sprint. Perhaps the person who posted here is thinking of them??

Old 11-09-2010, 05:14 PM

272 posts, read 637,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
Just wanted to set the record straight for those who are being told that Virgin is on Sprint. I cannot find any proof that Virgin is affiliated with Sprint. If it is, then how come I'm not having issues with my 2 Virgin phones? Our new service/phones on Virgin are working great...absolutely NO issues. My tween said to tell you all 'It's awesome!". We are finding that reception &voice quality, are excellent. NO dropped calls even in Wake Forest north of 98 when we drove around there this weekend.

When I researched this recently I was told by a local phone salesperson that TMobile is on Sprint. Perhaps the person who posted here is thinking of them??

Virgin phones are sold in Sprint stores.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:24 PM

22 posts, read 52,987 times
So, here is the update from Sprint as of 1 hour ago, and I quote -

"Sir, I see that there has been a ticket opened. I will escalate this with tech support"

Whoop dee friggin do! I feel a lot better that there is a ticket opened.

I have called every day since I started this post back in October.

For those who have not read all my updates - the short of it is

* people can't hear me, or
* I can't hear them, or
* dropped calls, or
* cross talk (get connected to random people)

The issue seems to be for those that have a non 919 area code in the Raleigh area. If you leave the Raleigh area, the problems seem to go away (although someone did report they had a problem outside of Raleigh).

This area code issue was confirmed by Sprint store in Wake Forest.

Thus far I have been issued a $100 credit, the ok to break my contract without any fees, and tonight I informed them that they will not get a penny from me (for what is now an overdue payment) until my phones work.

When they asked when i will make a payment, i told them i would open a ticket to pay the bill, but I couldn't tell them for sure when I would be able to pay it. Hah!

My entire family has Samsung Epics and IMO is the best Android phone available. If Verizon or AT&T had a phone that could touch the Epic, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:41 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,035,557 times
Love your "ticket" come back!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:04 AM

272 posts, read 637,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster25 View Post
When they asked when i will make a payment, i told them i would open a ticket to pay the bill, but I couldn't tell them for sure when I would be able to pay it. Hah!

Old 11-10-2010, 07:50 AM

240 posts, read 545,878 times
Aha! So that would explain why my wife and I who both have 704 area code numbers have trouble making calls but my family with 919 #s doesn't. Come on Sprint!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 11:59 AM

Well, I called Sprint. Talked to 2 people. The 2nd person said she would call me back in 5 minutes with info on the issues in our area. That was at 12:30 pm and I'm still waiting on a call back. I'll try again tomorrow.

Rachel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary