U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM

22 posts, read 52,987 times

Advertisements

Anyone else having issues in Raleigh area with Sprint. 50% of my calls fail because the person on the other line cannot hear me, or I can not hear them. Yesterday i got a call from a friend and when i answered, it was a recording from Sears that my delivery has been scheduled. My son tried to call his voicemail box and a woman answered. This has been going on for 4 or 5 days.

Sprint told me that there was a single cell tower out and that the repair date was unknown. Not sure if this is causing the problems i am seeing.

Anyone else having problems with SPRINT?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 12:15 PM

31,595 posts, read 55,307,520 times
Buster,
My phone call service has been fine.

But 3G and 4G data have been a real issue.
They have had a problem in Cary/Apex since 10/5, with no projected repair date.

When I first got them on the phone, they told me that they had a tower down that was affecting Angier, Bailey, and I stopped them at that point, but he then said that Cary has been affected with an issue.

No projected repair date.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:52 PM

272 posts, read 637,465 times
I'm in Angier. And Sprint service is horrible. I've been here since the end of August, and when I call home, I have to constantly move my head around to get reception. And I lose calls probably 90% of the time. Can't wait until my contract is up so I can change providers. But that's not for 4 months.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:34 PM

10,700 posts, read 20,119,835 times
Verizon...just do it.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:00 PM

20,554 posts, read 22,715,248 times
Verizon is almost as bad. We loose / drop 80% of our calls, even when we are at home in Clayton. I can tell you every dead zone with in 45 miles of Clayton. It is so predictable I tell the person on the other end I'm gonna loose you in 30 seconds...and it happens...

Old 10-24-2010, 09:51 PM

10,700 posts, read 20,119,835 times
Update your roaming and get a new phone. I'm not saying it's not possible but I work all over the east coast from FL to ME and have *never* had one single dead zone. The only time I have had no Verizon phone signal is when I am under the Washington Reagan airport or in a tunnel, and even the major tunnels have Verizon cell repeaters. To say VZ is nearly as bad as Sprint is a huge injustice to the VZ network.

If you are dropping 80% of your calls why even use a cell phone? Home phones are cheap these days. In 9 years with Verizon I have had 5 dropped calls.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 AM

370 posts, read 1,018,892 times
My wife and I have been having the same problems as the OP. Hopefully they get this fixed, sometimes it takes 5 or 6 calls for each of us to hear each other.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 AM

1,336 posts, read 2,695,382 times
My company uses Sprint, so I've had them for a few years (my wife has Verizon, and it has good coverage).

As for Sprint, I've not experienced the problems you mention, but in more general terms, I had a Samsung Ace phone, and the coverage was marginal at best. Recently got an EVO, and I have great coverage, almost always equal to my wife's Verizon (which was not the case with previous phones).

I've not dropped calls or service in a really long time...

Old 10-26-2010, 01:40 PM

178 posts, read 465,185 times
I have Sprint and haven't had any issues until yesterday late afternoon while in downtown Raleigh. I kept trying to make a call and was connected to 2 different people. Then I saw my hubby calling me and when I answered-nothing. And we tried that 2 or 3 times too. Didn't actually connect until I was on the 1 going back to Cary.

I called Sprint and they said there's open ticket being worked on with an expected resolve period of 24-48 hours.

I thought it was funny that in the bizarro zone for calls, I was able to get through to Sprint no problem.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,035,557 times
I keep hearing from Sprint customers that they are sick of dropped calls, this was before the tower outage. I was just looking at Virgin mobile for my tween and wondered if they use sprint's towers...anyone know this? I want to stay as far away from Sprint as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary