U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 10-25-2010, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,364 times
Default moving to Raleigh to Villages of Lake boone Trail good or bad????

We are moving to the Villages Of Lake Boone Trail soon. We are quite people who keep to ourselves . We sold our 4br home in MA n wanted to live in an areas close to everything to help us get familiar with Raleigh then after our lease is up in 12mths maybe move to Cary beacause by then we will have jobs n an idea of our budget. I have been searching the web like a MAD women n im seeing alot of reviews saying they have ROACHES!!!!! O please tell me that this place doesnt have a huge overwhelming infestaion thru out the complex
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 10-25-2010, 11:07 AM

7,147 posts, read 8,587,784 times
Believe they are affectionately referred to as palmetto bugs this side of the MAson-Dixon...

Unread 10-25-2010, 03:34 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,843,360 times
They are renovating so maybe get a new unit? Not sure if they have bugs and not sure if that would help... Do you like their price point, location, or what? Then maybe we could give you recommendations of other places to check out, too, unless you know that's where you definitely want to live. I actually considered them as well, but chose another place before looking at Villages. Next door, for more money, is Grand Reserve (or something like that). I've always thought they were pretty, and probably cleaner.

Unread 10-26-2010, 07:32 AM

684 posts, read 876,170 times
Everything you read online is only the negatives. People tend to only comment when they have negative comments. I've never known anyone to say, "hey, that lease was awesome, I'm going to post a positive review". I've only heard, "ARRGGGGGG that place sucks I'm going to slam them on the internet!!!".

Your best bet is to check the place out beforehand. Since you're moving from out of town, that's probably not possible though.

Unread 10-26-2010, 08:47 AM

418 posts, read 694,250 times
Those are probably the palmetto bugs that look like giant roaches. Apartment complexes and houses with a lot of trees around them are going to have this problem. The only places I have lived where I did not see these bugs were homes with no tree cover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary