Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
There seems to be little options within Wake Forest for phone & internet. Century link if you want an honest to goodness Alexander Gram Bell wire hookup. Or Time Warner 'Mine!, 'Mine!', Mine!' cable wire that enters ones home.

I managed to save a few buck from the introductory Time Warner pay me now and 4-ever pricing plans but starting with Earthlink. I have earthlink internet but my wire, bllls, cable box, and troubles all come from Time Warner.

I also have Vonage for phone service as its was the least expensive option if I wanted some sort of home phone. Century-Link was far to expensive for basic local phone service. It would be $50 per month and than I could chose a long distance plan. In their case I chose the longest distance plan I could get 'away' from them with! Didn't choose them at 'tall'! ...and that is the long of it!

The short of it is I have internet via Earthlink, which is a pseudo front from Time Warner, as all my wires, modem, and bills are from Time Warner and I have Vonage phone.

Life is good until I make a call or get a call while traversing the internet to google that single point in time useful information and have the phone cut me off or my internet connection go down because I am on the phone! My electrons don't play well together I guess!

Several calls to Vonage and a IP address change here and a DCL address option here and walaaa I still have the same issue. Now it may appear to be something in the Time Warner cable line!

As soon as my introductory rate expires I shall punt! It will be 4th and out for me!

Hoping by then some of someone finds better service in Wake Forest for internet and phone!
Update: now on CenturyLink for nearly 2 months and am happy with the phone service and DSL service. I was worried about the DSL speed being I only had experience with TWC roadstomper. I can say in my case no change in speed was experienced. In fact for my surfing and email zipping needs it works as fast as TWC roadskipper.

My century link bills have been what they told me they would be. No funny business adders have been found yet. What I like most of all is its a real old fashion phone line. One that works in power outages, one that my satellite receiver box can hook up to for ordering movies. Prior I had to have a wireless hookup device that my satellite company provided to communicate with my internet service. Had problems reliable making that connection.

So out with Vonage and TWC roadpatter and so far not looking back. Also, between Vonage and TWC and my CenturyLink phone/DSL the monthly cost is about $1.50 a month more for CenturyLink. But for us that is worth it for having a reliable phone service. The other nice thing is CenturyLink said my rate is froze for 5 years and no contract. I got zapped by Vonage for discontinuing my unreliable phone service with them and they made me keep the equipment. Whatever shall I do with a Vonage phone box other than fill up the landfill.

That is my story of the modern world communication link and link-less connections!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary