U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:20 AM

804 posts, read 1,752,922 times

Advertisements

i've been more of a lurker than poster. but i always find something interest & learn something new when i do read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3streamer View Post
Maybe with the economy so bad and companies running as lean as they can people are nervous about losing their jobs and have realized they should not be blogging while at work because that's not what they are getting paid to do.
sorry - i just have to nitpick a bit because i feel like i saw you (or another poster somewhere - please excuse me if it wasn't you) referring to a messageboard as "blogging". they are two very separate & different things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,245,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankpc View Post
Boiled peanuts are, well, an "acquired" taste in my opinion. Quite different from the usual roasted nuts.
I like roasted peanuts, shelled peanuts, spanish peanuts, blanched peanuts, peanut butter (and all things peanut butter-flavored), peanut brittle ... but I can't stand boiled peanuts. Yuk.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM

29,465 posts, read 33,801,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
LOL! This is true! To keep it local: Are peanuts grown anywhere in the Triangle? Has anyone bought them at the Famer's Market? Does anyone like boiled peanuts? I have never tried them boiled!
Therein is another possible reason. It is hard to have a rather encompassing thread on a topic without it being moved from this local forum. Many folks don't want to be attacked by folks who visit general forums just to be anonymous bullies.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:30 PM

31,725 posts, read 55,603,655 times
Talking Wellllll

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Therein is another possible reason. It is hard to have a rather encompassing thread on a topic without it being moved from this local forum. Many folks don't want to be attacked by folks who visit general forums just to be anonymous bullies.
Interesting concept that, that the local forum should host non-local topics that drift further away from the Triangle with every post because non-local forum members take local folks to task over their non-local posts.

If we are comparing quality of life in Cary to quality of life on Jupiter, Cary should probably be part of the "encompassment." Compare and contrast, which usually involved two subjects. Usually that is a

Fail in the evolution of the moved posts and sometimes that happens quick as a "Big Daddy" Don Garlits hole shot.

I wish many threads would maintain a local focus, with further development as to how the thread topic fits into a larger picture, but all too often the threads develop into a focus on stuff that begs for a broader forum.
I might propose that alternatively, we can hope for better thread retention in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary Forum if we can stay focused on the raison d'etre for the forum, "The Triangle Area."

Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 PM

128 posts, read 222,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjsluvskaz View Post
I don't post as much because everytime I do the bullies come out and hurt my feelings
That's a good point; I have noticed some harsh responses on here lately and it must put people off from posting. Another thing is how one or two posters hijack threads and make multiple postings adding little to the discussion. Oooops maybe I am being harsh now

Old 10-28-2010, 02:45 PM

8 posts, read 41,735 times
I agree, for what it is worth, it seems that if one doesn't post about the awesome, wonderful, enlightening and perfect experience that they are having since moving to NC, they are somehow 'condemned', removed, or bashed in the forum. Maybe it could also due with the fact that people are moving back home to the North, for whatever reason. Just my thoughts.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:56 PM

8,269 posts, read 21,885,385 times
People are perfectly welcome to share their dislikes and concerns about the triangle, but what typically gets someone's posts "condemned, removed or bashed" is when they post information that is either wrong, ignorant or intentionally offensive. Otherwise, have at it and feel free to discuss how horrible things are here!

Old 10-28-2010, 06:11 PM

4,529 posts, read 7,068,407 times
Quote:
Are peanuts grown anywhere in the Triangle?
I had a business in the early 90's and had a regular customer who owned a big peanut farm around here, I think it was in Garner? They probably paved it over and built a CVS there

Last edited by RaleighLass; 10-28-2010 at 06:46 PM..

Old 10-28-2010, 06:24 PM

31,725 posts, read 55,603,655 times
[quote=RaleighLass;16439407]
Quote:
Are peanuts grown anywhere in the Triangle? quote]

I had a business in the early 90's and had a regular customer who owned a big peanut farm around here, I think it was in Garner? They probably paved it over and built a CVS there
I heard several years ago that about 90%--95% of the peanuts sold in the USA pass through North Carolina at some point.
Growing, processing, warehousing, etc.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:26 PM

11,812 posts, read 27,543,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
People are perfectly welcome to share their dislikes and concerns about the triangle, but what typically gets someone's posts "condemned, removed or bashed" is when they post information that is either wrong, ignorant or intentionally offensive. Otherwise, have at it and feel free to discuss how horrible things are here!
Yhea! What she said!

I can't say that about Mike...sometimes when I'm really tired, his posts go right over my head!!!

I love boiled peanuts!!!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary