U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:09 PM

8,264 posts, read 21,833,404 times

Advertisements

google and ye shall find....Hampton Farms
Peanuts | Peanut Candy | Peanut Recipies | Baker's Peanuts, Dublin Peanut Festival,
there is even a peanut research station! NCDA&CS - Peanut Belt Research Station
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 08:11 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,491,252 times
[quote=MikeJaquish;16439552]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post

I heard several years ago that about 90%--95% of the peanuts sold in the USA pass through North Carolina at some point.
Growing, processing, warehousing, etc.
surely you meant on I-95

Old 10-28-2010, 11:32 PM

622 posts, read 1,488,507 times
Ah, you bring up peanuts---Anyone know where I can find raw peanuts? Hubby loves them, and I used to find them in groceries back in IL but haven't come across any here. Thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:08 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,383,999 times
The Farmer's Market. You can even buy them raw right out of the ground...dirt and all

Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 AM

5,359 posts, read 15,066,621 times
Ha! I have more influence on these threads than I give myself credit for! 50% of the last 20 responses have been about peanuts!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:04 AM

31,650 posts, read 55,416,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Yhea! What she said!

I can't say that about Mike...sometimes when I'm really tired, his posts go right over my head!!!

I love boiled peanuts!!!

Vicki
Gee, Vicki,
I have the same problem when I'm wide awake!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:33 PM

29 posts, read 26,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoopDeLoop View Post
sorry - i just have to nitpick a bit because i feel like i saw you (or another poster somewhere - please excuse me if it wasn't you) referring to a messageboard as "blogging". they are two very separate & different things.
No matter what it is called it shouldn't be happening while working for an employer. They are not paying their employees to do that and my thought is more employees are more on edge about trying to keep their jobs so they are less likely to be abusing company property and time. This in part may be the reason why some people feel there is less activity. Less time equals less activity.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:54 PM

11,151 posts, read 13,808,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3streamer View Post
No matter what it is called it shouldn't be happening while working for an employer. They are not paying their employees to do that and my thought is more employees are more on edge about trying to keep their jobs so they are less likely to be abusing company property and time. This in part may be the reason why some people feel there is less activity. Less time equals less activity.
I know that many members get tired of logging on here just to find that previously-banned trolls are back (again). People like that, who have no respect for the rules of the forum, really ruin the site for everyone.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:14 PM

9,198 posts, read 21,186,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3streamer View Post
No matter what it is called it shouldn't be happening while working for an employer. They are not paying their employees to do that and my thought is more employees are more on edge about trying to keep their jobs so they are less likely to be abusing company property and time.
Many enlightened employers have internet usage policies that permit reasonable personal use of the internet during working hours. (In the same way they might permit reasonable personal phone calls, etc.) I appreciate your sentiment, and you can certainly make that your policy for your business and the employees who work for you, but it's really not for you to dictate what should or shouldn't be happening in every work place.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:06 AM

11,804 posts, read 27,477,826 times
I can see why "personal time" on the computer could be an issue with employers. Spending a few minutes on Facebook, usually turns into 30 minutes for me! However, since I'm self-employed, I don't have anyone telling me what I can and can't do!

My husband has had a few employees that have had to be "reminded" that spending time on personal emails and Facebook is not what their jobs are! He has actually deleted Facebook from the computers in the office, which I think is understandable when employees are not getting their work done.

As for why there are less posters on city data...I have many clients that I refer to this website. I find that once they have their questions answered and once they have purchased their new home, they don't necessarily remain. After all, this is more of a relocating website. Some may pop up from time to time to ask questions about restaurants, etc., but the majority that used this site to gather information about relocation find that once they have moved here, just don't post as often.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary