U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM

525 posts, read 1,113,093 times

Advertisements

OH WAIT IT has gone up to 3.3 million now. My neighbors' houses are worth 180k and 182k on either side of me. LOL
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 PM

31,592 posts, read 55,295,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
OH WAIT IT has gone up to 3.3 million now. My neighbors' houses are worth 180k and 182k on either side of me. LOL

To quote that great real estate guru, Larry the Cable Guy:

"I don't care where you're from. That's funny."

Old 10-29-2010, 08:16 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,617,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
Ummm, I think you over-improved for your neighborhood just a touch!

Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 AM

29 posts, read 26,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletic Supporter View Post
I've seen just from driving around my own neighborhood that homes in the area are spending MONTHS on the market, is there an easy way to check what the average # of days on the market is for a particular zip code or city or otherwise defined area?
Halfway considering leaving the area and am scared to death at the prospect of trying to sell right now.

I wonder why none of the real estate agents are answering your question for everyone to see? They do have the answer and they could easily post it.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PS3streamer View Post
I wonder why none of the real estate agents are answering your question for everyone to see? They do have the answer and they could easily post it.
First response from zman gave the answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ask a realtor. They would have all the data related to selling times, price and ect...

Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
First response from zman gave the answer:
That part I understand. I just thought it would be helpful to post where to find the information other than just having to hire someone to tell you. I seem to recall seeing some average DOM information for towns but I don't know if it was broken down to zip codes or even better down to neighborhoods.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
That part I understand. I just thought it would be helpful to post where to find the information other than just having to hire someone to tell you. I seem to recall seeing some average DOM information for towns but I don't know if it was broken down to zip codes or even better down to neighborhoods.

Zip Code and City are not helpful in determining whether or not to sell. They are too broad.
DOM and LADOM are a lot more helpful when developed for more specific location and when focused on a specific price range.

There is a great variety in Raleigh homes in any of the Zip Codes;

Free USPS Lookup and Boundary Map

When you see the area covered by a Zip Code, you can see how misleading a Zip Code data set for housing values and sales can be. The OP is talking about a serious consideration and decision and deserves the best data he can access.

And, yes, the OP asked about "otherwise defined area." There is not a lot of publicly available easily accessed data, I think.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Zip Code and City are not helpful in determining whether or not to sell. They are too broad.
DOM and LADOM are a lot more helpful when developed for more specific location and when focused on a specific price range.

There is a great variety in Raleigh homes in any of the Zip Codes;

Free USPS Lookup and Boundary Map

When you see the area covered by a Zip Code, you can see how misleading a Zip Code data set for housing values and sales can be. The OP is talking about a serious consideration and decision and deserves the best data he can access.

And, yes, the OP asked about "otherwise defined area." There is not a lot of publicly available easily accessed data, I think.
I completely agree with this assessment which is why I said

Quote:
or even better down to neighborhoods.
Other than hiring someone to provide this information, where can the average person look up the average DOM in various breakdowns?

Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I completely agree with this assessment which is why I said

Other than "hiring" someone to provide this information, where can the average person look up the average DOM in various breakdowns?
Without confusing the issue, i.e., clouding it with the thought of hiring anyone, the OP could ask a Realtor, just exactly as zman said in Comment #2.

DOM/LADOM is a Realtor generated and maintained parameter. Realtors have more and better data on that than anyone else.

If the OP is thinking of leaving the area, including possibly selling a home, DOM/LADOM is just one parameter to consider and a broad approach and consultation may be in order, and would be available from countless agents at no charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary