U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:31 PM

122 posts, read 278,830 times
I am so jealous! Sounds wonderful. We have been in our home for 3 yrs now in Ca and you barely even see your neighbors, even on the weekends. Everyone is so busy with their own lives that they don't take the time to be friends with their neighbors. Pretty sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM

3,124 posts, read 8,724,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I didn't know you could light off the type of fireworks that shoot up and explode (like the shows you go too)
I am glad you are enjoying your neighborhood....but those fireworks were illegal ....just an FYI so you don't get caught unaware down the road.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:09 PM

956 posts, read 3,205,086 times
Welcome to the Triangle Terri Happy unpacking

[quote=jeannie216;1016978]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Well we made it! We arrived in Clayton on Sunday night and got the keys for the house on Monday. Our truck ended up arriving late Tues night and our wonderful moving help unloaded the truck on the morning of the 4th! Hubby fell of the truck and sprained his ankle really bad..(shhh he gets all bent out of shape when I tell people). MEN!

All and all we are so happy to be here! Everyone has been so NICE! Some neighbors invited us to watch the fireworks that they were setting off. WOW that was a surprise! I didn't know you could light off the type of fireworks that shoot up and explode (like the shows you go too) and another neighbor brought over some cookies. People will pull over and say hi to us as they drive by. Right now I am just trying to get everything unpacked and settled in!

Terri[/QUOTE

Congratulations Terri and all the best to you and your family! We are in the process of trying to relocate to Clayton also. Still have to sell in New Jersey. I hope I'll be posting a similiar thread real soon! Except the sprained ankle part. Jeannie

Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 PM

359 posts, read 1,263,201 times
Are fireworks illegal in Clayton? What about outside city limits in the county? Here they are legal and our heighborhood has such a good time every year.

Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 PM

232 posts, read 573,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmflan View Post
Are fireworks illegal in Clayton? What about outside city limits in the county? Here they are legal and our heighborhood has such a good time every year.
I do believe if they leave the ground, with the exception of bottle rockets.. they are illegal. Now, that doesn't stop us, and on our trips to or through SC we usually stop and pick-up some great fireworks. My DH and the neighbors DH have fun lighting them off in our little cul-de-sac and no one ever says anything. We live just outside the city limits, but we do know they are illegal. I don't think its a city or town law, but more of a state law?? Anyone else know more about it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary