Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivoniaMi View Post
Yep. That's how it is back home in Michigan. A friend got a ticket, showed up in court, and was told if they plead guilty to a lesser mph over and just paid the fine they would get no points on their license. It's a cash machine.

I also believe that if one shows in court with a pricey lawyer that is connected, the fines are usually less just because you have spent money on the lawyer. The courts are happy you have supported the system. The more support ( $ ) given the less likelyhood of a big fine..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2010, 07:05 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post
71 in a 55 on Rt 70... State Hwy Patrol officer wrote me the ticket even after I showed him ID that identified me as a former police officer from NJ. He was just doing his job of course...I would expect no less. After he gives me the citation he tells me that I should contest it as he will not be in court that day. Some of my local friends tell me that if the officer/witness is not there to testify against me that the ticket will be thrown out with no court costs or fines incurred. Can anyone verify this? TIA
Yes. There are entire websites and organizations that advise people how to mitigate speeding tickets . I thought you of all people would have known about this. I thought he was advising you, an old "colleague" about this so that you could get out of paying !

I don't feel like taking the time now but of you search this topic among my posts, you'll find I have linked to the organization websites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary