U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2010, 07:53 PM

9,558 posts, read 26,416,041 times

Advertisements

I was back at Lafayette Village today. Got a cookie cup of coffe from Upper Crust Bakery. Real nice place, seemed busy too. The goutmet market looks like it will be open soon. Poked my head into the village pub .... looks cool. They have a real nice bar and a 120" HDTV that will be amazing to watch sports on.

I grabbed one more photo today that I thought was interesting. Never expected to see this in North Raleigh!

Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 05:40 AM

5,700 posts, read 8,299,121 times
Wow, I'm not usually a fan of these types of things and find them too Disney as well, but I really like the architecture here. Although I'm picturing how nice it's going to be in 50 years, when people who love older architecture will love this too! Very nice.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:53 AM

5,358 posts, read 15,051,284 times
It would REALLY be Disney-esque if that beautiful wrought-iron spiral staircase ended at a fake door.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:58 AM

3,149 posts, read 6,953,805 times
I hope it does well as I hate to see a small business fail but I have a feeling once the trendiness wears off people will move on to the next trendy shop. Take a look at Falls Village shopping center on the Chik-Fil-A side. Got remodeled with a trendy look, business was booming for a while, now the trendiness is gone and spaces are vacant.

Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 PM

6,185 posts, read 13,846,249 times
I don't think it was the trendiness factor. I think it was the recession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
I hope it does well as I hate to see a small business fail but I have a feeling once the trendiness wears off people will move on to the next trendy shop. Take a look at Falls Village shopping center on the Chik-Fil-A side. Got remodeled with a trendy look, business was booming for a while, now the trendiness is gone and spaces are vacant.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:47 PM

9,558 posts, read 26,416,041 times
Quote:
I hope it does well as I hate to see a small business fail.
Me too. The Upper Crust Bakery seems to be doing very well (it has been quite busy from what I hear and experienced during my visit). They seem to have a good concept. The Savory Spice shop also seems to have a good following.

There is a lot of retail space to fill there. I think it is going to key to properly promote the center as a whole as many of the storefronts are in the interior and do not have street exposure.

I think it serves a need since it is easy to get to from key areas of N. Raleigh. If executed well I think it could be a tremendous success, but only time will tell.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:01 PM

3,149 posts, read 6,953,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I don't think it was the trendiness factor. I think it was the recession.
There wouldn't be a recession if it weren't for the trends. The people who are into trends are the cause of the recession since they are the ones who overspent and didn't live within their means.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

6,185 posts, read 13,846,249 times
Hmm. Interesting concept.

Quote:
There wouldn't be a recession if it weren't for the trends. The people who are into trends are the cause of the recession since they are the ones who overspent and didn't live within their means.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM

19 posts, read 33,173 times
I work next door to lafayette.
we frequent upper crust. it is A+++ in terms of everything. it can get very busy, so please bare with them as they learn. they have amazing eats there. and desert.

the pub, ehh, we stopped by one day, maybe a day before they opened just to see if they have a menu, i dont know if it was the main owner or who, but they just had this snobby attitude about what was going on the menu. i asked what they were going to serve, burgers, dogs, pub food. and he replied with " umm, a little more high end than that" with a slight cocky attitude while sitting back in his chair. def. gave off a bad vibe

just a turn off if you ask me

apparently paparazzi (or however its spelled) is open now. and i cant wait for the market.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:28 AM

19 posts, read 33,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
It would REALLY be Disney-esque if that beautiful wrought-iron spiral staircase ended at a fake door.
lol,

the whole upstairs is where they store their mechanical parts. all the AC machines and such. it was kind of neat watching them build in during the past few years. those stairs probably take it to the mechanical section. so in a way its "fake", but functional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary