U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 AM

4,060 posts, read 5,567,156 times

Advertisements

I've been to the restaurant Paparazzi three times now. I plan to go back. My favorite thing is the gelato shop. I'm already addicted to Henry's "Buster Brown" flavor (chocolate/peanut butter).

BTW, I'm over at Brier Creek. We have some decent restaurants but nothing I'd call fancy. I also get tired of eating at the same places in my neighborhood. It's nice to have something like Lafayette Village that is a bit more upscale and only about a 10-15 minute drive away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 01:00 PM

9,558 posts, read 26,436,673 times
Looks like the Crepe place called "Simply Crepes" has now opened. They are located next to the Savory Spice Shop.

Pic of Raleigh Storefront

Simply Crepes Home

Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,890,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Looks like the Crepe place called "Simply Crepes" has now opened. They are located next to the Savory Spice Shop.

Simply Crepes Home

Ahhh....time to go back!

On our second trip we visited the Spice shop. What a lovely experience that was for the senses!

Old 07-26-2011, 11:56 AM

1,553 posts, read 3,877,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Simply Crepes Home
Nice! I remember trying their sample during the Lafayette Village opening weekend, but was disappointed they weren't actually opening for several months. I'm excited to go back. I love crepes...

Edit: Wow, that lady coming out of the door totally ruins the ambiance...

Old 07-26-2011, 03:21 PM

13,155 posts, read 16,890,604 times
Many crepe-lovers suffer the same fate but, oh, what a way to go!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:05 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,490,845 times
What an amazing shop is Savory Spice I just hope we get something like Lafayette Village in West Cary when the developers at Parkside Town Commons and the other planned commercial developments get under way. The developers have been smart by only leasing to speciality shops and restaurants which are not national chains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Ahhh....time to go back!

On our second trip we visited the Spice shop. What a lovely experience that was for the senses!

Old 07-27-2011, 09:51 PM

519 posts, read 863,122 times
I ate at Paparazzi earlier in the week. Great food at prices that were lower than what I expected. The Prosciutto di Parma sandwich was wonderful. The sandwich with two sides was $10 for lunch.

I went back to Lafayette Village to day and took her to Jubala Coffee. The process of them making a cup of coffee was like watching a professor in a Chemistry lab. It was also neat to see that there is a video camera that shows the guy making your espresso drink.

It is a bit strange though, that many of the stores are Italian-inspired and the facade looks like a villa, yet it uses the French-inspired name of Lafayette.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary