U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 12:10 PM

103 posts, read 136,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I guess when someone asks WHY this case garnered so much attention the only 'acceptable' thing to do is simply ignore the question rather than try to suggest a possible reason. Because talking about it is verboten and damn the person who dares to discuss this, especially in a non-emotional way!
What? A few people gave you the reason and responded directly to your posts so no one was ignoring it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 PM

6,308 posts, read 7,990,836 times
You missed the point entirely.

I wasn't saying my comments were ignored, I was saying discussing these issues pisses some people off and therefore (to them) the only acceptable thing to do is to not discuss these issues at all (because it offends them).

Old 03-03-2011, 05:52 PM

3,149 posts, read 6,952,321 times
Quote:
Also, lol at Cook being outstanding. He was a plastic surgeon. How is that outstanding? If he was an outstanding doctor he would have chosen a field dedicated to saving lives not providing a service like botox injections that benefit society a total sum of 0.
Keep in mind that plastic surgeons do have the job of reconstructive surgery if someone suffers a facial disfigurement. Also keep in mind that I am in no way at all trying to stand up for that POS Cook but the fact is plastic surgeons do have some benefit to society other than cosmetic enhancements.

Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,049,489 times
I would imagine you would be more likely to find a dermatologist doing botox injections than a plastic surgeon.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:16 AM

6,308 posts, read 7,990,836 times
Yes. A surgeon would not spend their time with the cosmetic stuff. They do the surgery and repairs. And not all cosmetic surgery is face lifts and nose jobs. There are many people who have been disfigured either through birth defects or accidents and 'plastic' surgeons help restore their lives. (which again, is why I see the irony in this case).

Old 03-08-2011, 06:22 AM

153 posts, read 770,614 times
Please do not get me wrong, Mr. Cook deserves everything he is getting. But, he was not just an outstanding plastic surgeon, he was an amazing doctor to my 10 year old. My daughter did not need plastic surgery, she needed surgery to correct problems that had plagued her for years, causing her to be ill very often and other doctors had not figured out why. He was compassionate, kind, and very understanding. He changed my daughters quality of life, and it had nothing to do with plastic surgery. Once again, I dont condone what happened and believe he should be locked up for a long time, but I wanted to clear up that he was not just as you put it "lol" an outstanding plastic surgeon, he was an outstanding surgeon PERIOD. He benefited myself, my daughter and all of those involved in her life, which can affect the world. Every grain of sand moved, has an effect on everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baaadgoatjoke View Post
You could pick and chose variables in any case and come up with similar claims. Unusual occurances happen every day and get no attention.

Uh, any infraction of this magnitude (murder, manslaughter, etc.) certainly destroys lives and families so I don't see that this is a special case because of that.

Also, lol at Cook being outstanding. He was a plastic surgeon. How is that outstanding? If he was an outstanding doctor he would have chosen a field dedicated to saving lives not providing a service like botox injections that benefit society a total sum of 0.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:40 AM

9,198 posts, read 21,155,718 times
Maybe he'll be able to apply his talents for the benefit of fellow prisoners.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:23 AM

3,077 posts, read 4,991,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezmom View Post
Please do not get me wrong, Mr. Cook deserves everything he is getting. But, he was not just an outstanding plastic surgeon, he was an amazing doctor to my 10 year old. My daughter did not need plastic surgery, she needed surgery to correct problems that had plagued her for years, causing her to be ill very often and other doctors had not figured out why. He was compassionate, kind, and very understanding. He changed my daughters quality of life, and it had nothing to do with plastic surgery. Once again, I dont condone what happened and believe he should be locked up for a long time, but I wanted to clear up that he was not just as you put it "lol" an outstanding plastic surgeon, he was an outstanding surgeon PERIOD. He benefited myself, my daughter and all of those involved in her life, which can affect the world. Every grain of sand moved, has an effect on everyone.
My wife used him once as well for a non-cosmetic reason and found him to be remarkably compassionate and very smart as well. But she also thought he was guilty of second degree murder.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:08 PM

I see his house is now for sale. It would be funny if the realtor added in the remarks that the house must go because the money-maker is no longer making money due to him being incarcerated.

I just checked out the pictures of the interior of the house and it made me really sad when I saw the 2 pictures of the girls' rooms. I feel so bad for them.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 03-19-2011 at 12:31 PM.. Reason: Links to properties for sale are NOT allowed

Old 04-14-2011, 07:54 PM

Well it now appears that since Cook voluntarily turned in his medical license that he can apply in September to have it reinstated.

Wow.....just wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary