U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 AM

54 posts, read 131,461 times

Advertisements

thanks for the article. it illustrated that an adjoining county of one of the south's major metropolitan areas didn't want more people moving into their county unless they lived in the same type of communities/homesites that were already there for decades. so, a "no' vote on change.

like i tell my kids: "change is inevitable, growth is optional."
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2011, 01:29 PM

91 posts, read 157,481 times
my in-laws moved there from south florida a couple years ago and they *love* it:

lots of retirees and socializing, but plenty of young families too (to dilute the 'independent living' feel of the 55+ communities). HOA takes care of everything (so far), cost of living is lower, ridiculous deal on the house, killer pool/clubhouse.

not for everyone, but definitely for them.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:42 AM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
We moved to Briar Chapel from an older neighborhood (Highland Forest) that is about 1/2 mile away and we really love BC! It offered more of the style of neighborhood that fit our lifestyle. We are in our early 30's and there are alot of other young couples in Briar Chapel. It is an interesting mix of thirty somethings and retired UNC employees (professors, etc.).

Yes there are sacrifices to moving from a 1 acre lot style neighborhood to a 1/3 acre lot but the benefits fair outweighed the negatives for us. But that is just us and is a choice.

I was born and raised in the area and I do understand that some people do not want to see this type of growth in Chatham county. It is a wonderful place to live and i get why there is that feeling!

But Briar Chapel is a great place to live and offers many things that no other neighborhood in the area offers and obviously alot of other people feel the same way. Homes have been selling like crazy out here over the last 4-5 months. If you havent been out here since Jan 1 you wont believe what it looks like!

Old 07-04-2011, 06:59 PM

4 posts, read 8,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrennanB View Post
But Briar Chapel is a great place to live and offers many things that no other neighborhood in the area offers and obviously alot of other people feel the same way.
We started our house hunt in January after moving here from Washington DC/Arlington VA last fall. We looked at lots of houses and lots of neighborhoods (new and old) and fell in love with the neighborhood. It surprised us because we were used to "city living" and it is a little isolated, but it has a good community vibe.

It our decision and our choice to live in Briar Chapel so why knock it if you disagree? The haters don't have to live there and they don't have to even see it because as they have complained, it is miles off of 15501

Old 07-19-2016, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 1,176 times
Since it is 6 years later, I would like an updated opinion of Briar Chapel. In 2010, the housing recession was in high gear so things have turned up. By turned up I mean it is a seller's market again and I see many houses being sold in BC. I am interested in knowing if there are social activities for older couples. I also want to know if there are actual exercise classes being held in the facility. When we visited last weekend, the 'activity director' office was being used for messy storage which made me believe it is for show only.

We are not interested in the future 'old age' section. Those homes are too small and usually cheaply built and too close together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary