U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM
 
9,198 posts, read 21,186,369 times
Reputation: 8516

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
My dh doesn't seem to worry about the end result much as long as there is a guaranteed good outcome, it's the process that makes his hairs stand up! lol
The idea of having someone poke at the family jewels with a dull pencil would make anyone nervous, but in all honesty it is a very simple, quick and completely painless procedure, with just a little bit of mild discomfort afterward.

And if it will make your husband feel better - tell him to wear a tuxedo to the procedure. After all, if he's going to be impotent he should look impo'tant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:31 PM
 
1,832 posts, read 4,459,861 times
Reputation: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
Oh, your supposed to go back! Hubby had his done a couple months ago and never has gone back for that part.
HAHA!! Some friends of mine had 3 daughters...he had it done, never went back, and whoopsie! TWIN GIRLS.

Just sayin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
2,535 posts, read 4,505,487 times
Reputation: 2572
Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
HAHA!! Some friends of mine had 3 daughters...he had it done, never went back, and whoopsie! TWIN GIRLS.

Just sayin.
THANK YOU for that very timely reminder!!!

I will definitely put a bug in his ear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 08:49 PM
 
15,732 posts, read 17,315,866 times
Reputation: 12729
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
The idea of having someone poke at the family jewels with a dull pencil would make anyone nervous, but in all honesty it is a very simple, quick and completely painless procedure, with just a little bit of mild discomfort afterward.

And if it will make your husband feel better - tell him to wear a tuxedo to the procedure. After all, if he's going to be impotent he should look impo'tant.
LOL...very cute!

I'm sure the anxiety over the whole thing is worse than the actual procedure itself, though I can't blame him for hyperventilating over the thought of a needle in his manly area.

I know it's not easy for him to go through with it (the worst he's ever had was a blood draw). I figure I'll have to reward him with a nice gift, so I'm going to give in and buy him a flatscreen TV for the bedroom. I"ve always been against a TV in the bedroom but it will make his recovery a bit more fun hopefully.

How long were you down and out if you don't mind me asking? The one place we've gone to for consult said 48 hours with his feet up and ice. Some others have told us through personal experience that they were up and going that same evening and one person told us it was awful and he felt like he had two cantaloupes down there for more than 2 weeks.

And was it REALLY painless? The needle didn't hurt? No cringing or wincing during the procedure? Depending on your answer I may have him read this to ease his mind

Oh, and PS...we aren't hoping for impotant...God I hope it works the way it does now! We just want him sterile!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2010, 09:05 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
2,535 posts, read 4,505,487 times
Reputation: 2572
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
LOL...very cute!

I'm sure the anxiety over the whole thing is worse than the actual procedure itself, though I can't blame him for hyperventilating over the thought of a needle in his manly area.

I know it's not easy for him to go through with it (the worst he's ever had was a blood draw). I figure I'll have to reward him with a nice gift, so I'm going to give in and buy him a flatscreen TV for the bedroom. I"ve always been against a TV in the bedroom but it will make his recovery a bit more fun hopefully.

How long were you down and out if you don't mind me asking? The one place we've gone to for consult said 48 hours with his feet up and ice. Some others have told us through personal experience that they were up and going that same evening and one person told us it was awful and he felt like he had two cantaloupes down there for more than 2 weeks.

And was it REALLY painless? The needle didn't hurt? No cringing or wincing during the procedure? Depending on your answer I may have him read this to ease his mind

Oh, and PS...we aren't hoping for impotant...God I hope it works the way it does now! We just want him sterile!
For my DH, the procedure was painless, but the recovery was very hard. I think it varies from person to person. For him, when the doctor did one side it just took a minute or so, but the other one took a long time and there was quite a bit of pulling. DH was numb so it didn't hurt, but he definitely felt it later. He has a very high pain tolerance so I was surprised that he was sore for so long afterwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
 
9,198 posts, read 21,186,369 times
Reputation: 8516
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
How long were you down and out if you don't mind me asking? The one place we've gone to for consult said 48 hours with his feet up and ice. Some others have told us through personal experience that they were up and going that same evening and one person told us it was awful and he felt like he had two cantaloupes down there for more than 2 weeks.

And was it REALLY painless? The needle didn't hurt? No cringing or wincing during the procedure? Depending on your answer I may have him read this to ease his mind
I thought the procedure was really quite easy. A couple of needle pokes for the anesthesia, which really weren't bad at all. Beyond that I felt nothing.

Recovery for me was relatively quick. I took it easy the for a day or two - but really not much different from an ordinary day - I did my usual activities. I really didn't have any pain, maybe just a small bit of discomfort, but nothing too noticeable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 PM
 
2,042 posts, read 2,377,306 times
Reputation: 1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHTransplant View Post
Dr. Parnell.
He performed my biopsy for prostate cancer, and I thought he was an excellent doctor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top