Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 PM

6 posts, read 14,435 times

Advertisements

Hey Everyone

I heard that the greek resturant XIOS in the Apex Peakway shopping center is going out of business, is that true?

More business closing in these hard times, thats sad!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 07:22 AM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times
I have never seen anyone in there and thier health rating is always up and down so I would not be surprised.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:20 AM

355 posts, read 957,679 times
I'm sorry to hear that if it's true. Being in Apex, it was too far for us. But, I think they had the best gyro in the area.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM

718 posts, read 2,972,254 times
It's true, received a email today from them letting me know they are closing.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 PM

515 posts, read 1,716,205 times
web site was active this morning and now it says:

Quote:
To XIOS Customers and Friends:

We regretfully announce that XIOS Authentic Greek Cuisine closed its doors Monday. A variety of factors have impacted this decision, chief among them being slowing sales in a soft consumer market over the past few years, and continually increasing costs of food imports.
As owners of XIOS for the past 7 years, Denise and I have enjoyed sharing our style of Greek food with the Apex community, and want to thank all of our loyal customers for your patronage and your friendship.

Kirk, Denise and Zoe Hatzidakis
and the XIOS Staff

Old 11-05-2010, 01:07 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,163,520 times
Meh, no big loss. Their food wasn't remarkable enough to warrant going out of our way, and the two times we ate there, the service was medoicre. I'm sorry that a business is going under & people are losing their jobs, but I see this as a classic case of thinning the herd of the weak.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:23 PM

30 posts, read 87,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
Meh, no big loss. Their food wasn't remarkable enough to warrant going out of our way, and the two times we ate there, the service was medoicre. I'm sorry that a business is going under & people are losing their jobs, but I see this as a classic case of thinning the herd of the weak.
I agree...total "blah" food ..I went on two occasions also and decided never to return..

Old 11-05-2010, 01:34 PM

131 posts, read 725,824 times
Well, the food may not have been out of this world, but it was certainly nice to have the choice of a locally owned restaurant in Apex instead of the "blah" food served at the chain places. I'd take XIOS any day over another Friday's or Carrabba's. I hate to see Apex losing another unique restaurant that served something other than the traditional run-of-the-mill fare. Looks like it's one more reason why I typically have to travel to Cary or Raleigh to find anything interesting to eat beyond the usual junk.

Old 11-05-2010, 06:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,453 times
I miss XIOS terribly!!!

Old 11-05-2010, 10:27 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenaten View Post
Well, the food may not have been out of this world, but it was certainly nice to have the choice of a locally owned restaurant in Apex instead of the "blah" food served at the chain places. I'd take XIOS any day over another Friday's or Carrabba's. I hate to see Apex losing another unique restaurant that served something other than the traditional run-of-the-mill fare. Looks like it's one more reason why I typically have to travel to Cary or Raleigh to find anything interesting to eat beyond the usual junk.

yep....I hate chains...give me a shoddy independent any day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary