U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 03:19 PM

56 posts, read 53,625 times

Advertisements

I haven't yet tried it, but I think I will in a few months when I move into our new home. I have a mirror wall that I need to "frame" intact cause it has a vanity space in between the two sinks (so I can't lose the mirror there!).

I've searched online for reviews and found several bloggers detailing their experiences and they seemed very positive about the product. I'll try to remember to come back and let you know how it goes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM

56 posts, read 53,625 times
I'm back with an update on my Mirrormate experience--and it was a good one!

This was one of the first projects we tackled once we moved into our home. I ordered some samples from the Mirrormate website and quickly decided on a brushed silver design. Then I placed my order online. I found the web site's directions on how to measure my space very clear and it was easy to enter the information they needed to properly size my frame.

The frame components arrived very quickly--within a week, I'd say. I later noticed that the company is out of Charlotte. Installation was as easy as indicated on their website. Our mirror is HUGE, so we definitely needed two people in order to properly hold the glued frame in place before attaching it to the mirror.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this company and product. I think I'd like to frame two more bathroom mirrors, as the frame adds a lot to the appearance of the bathroom.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering a Mirrormate!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:13 PM

432 posts, read 816,539 times
Thanks for the update!

Old 02-15-2011, 04:51 PM

10,382 posts, read 17,797,057 times
I went to Lowes and purchased some unfinished (I wanted them to match the vanities) wooden moldings. My granite guy was here, working on the new tile in the bathroom, so he was nice enough to cut the pieces for me. I then stained them and glued them to my large mirror in my bathroom. I think the price was under $50.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary