Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,898 times

Advertisements

I think Wegman's will open a store in the Triangle sometime after 2016.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:29 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Why do you think that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I think Wegman's will open a store in the Triangle sometime after 2016.

Old 03-17-2011, 08:35 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Why do you think that?
Because believing that it will show up in a few years is easier to accept then realizing they are not ever coming.

Hell, i would be thrilled if we got a Tim Horton's down here, but I'm not naive enough to think that if i just give it enough years, they will suddenly realize how much they HAVE to be here!

Old 03-19-2011, 09:35 PM

963 posts, read 2,409,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clever User Name View Post
If you want a Wegman's email them. They base their decisions to open new stores on feedback they receive. While they take a very cautious (i.e., slow) approach to expansion, it's not out of the realm of possibility. They're in Virginia now, they just need to come a bit further south.
We should all do this!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:31 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,584,448 times
hmm...they are in Northern Virginia. Opening a store in NC would almost double the distance from headquarters that N. VA is. Wegmans isn't wal-mart. They're business model doesn't really focus on expanding to cover a larger geographic area; it's about maintaining their high standards at the stores they have and slowly, gradually expanding. They've been around for almost 100 years and still only have 75 stores; the overwhelming majority of which are in NYS. They didn't expand outside of Rochester until the 70's, out of New York State (to PA and NJ) until the mid 90's, and then DC region until the mid 2000's. Now they are going to New England with their next proposed store in Mass. Who knows, maybe someday in a decade or so they will expand down south; but it probably won't be any time in the near future so don't lose any sleep over it. You can order White-hots to be delivered to you if you really need a Wegmans fix.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:00 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
Because believing that it will show up in a few years is easier to accept then realizing they are not ever coming.

Hell, i would be thrilled if we got a Tim Horton's down here, but I'm not naive enough to think that if i just give it enough years, they will suddenly realize how much they HAVE to be here!
Actually, I was being facetious.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:27 PM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
They are opening a store in Charlottesville, so they are going in the right direction.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:32 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,254,136 times
Arrgh, the old thread... We just went to DC and on the way back stopped by Wegmans somewhere in VA. I almost cried. The smell of their bread is incredible. Whole Foods, La Farm are OK, but Wegmans is just the best. We had dinner on the second floor overlooking the store, picked up bulk candy, watched the train go around. Our 3 year old did not want to leave!

Old 12-11-2012, 11:27 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,089,036 times
Wegmans is a "destination" grocery store. Whenever I visit Rochester, my friends and relatives always need something from there. And I'm happy to go with them. It's fun.

The other big difference is the helpfulness of their staff. Two examples:

- While visiting up there one time, I was standing in front of the vitamin supplements, probably looking confused. An employee started asking me questions, and with his advice, I found what I needed. It was like talking to an alternative medicine expert -- he was so knowledgeable about vitamins and supplements! It was incredible.

- Years ago, my sister in Rochester wanted to bring some old-family-recipe rolls to my wedding, which was here in Raleigh. She did not have the recipe, unfortunately. No one did. She is not a cook or a baker. She only had the memory of those beloved rolls.

So she asked the Wegmans bakers for advice. Based on how she described them, they offered to try come up with a roll that would match(!). I doubt they do this for everyone, but it's part of how they go above and beyond for their customers. They said if it worked out, maybe they would sell them in bulk. Unfortunately, it was very close but no cigar, but we were all blown away by the effort of Wegmans' employees -- and we did enjoy the rolls nevertheless.

Nothing compares here.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:29 PM

4,587 posts, read 6,414,204 times
Watch out for when Wegman's expands to Richmond and the Tidewater. If they expand into those areas, the case for expanding to RDU will be very strong and tempting for the company.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary