U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-14-2010, 09:56 AM

18 posts, read 23,000 times
Default Clogging

Hi All -

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where there is a group clogging "class" in the Raleigh/North Raleigh area. I am just looking for something fun, once a week - and not to pricey

I used to clog with a group of adults from 6:30-9:30 (in another state) once a week and it was mostly a learn as you go kind of class - not to serious.....

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. I will even go to a more formal class if that is all that is available!

Thanks.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2010, 10:30 AM

2,335 posts, read 2,634,412 times
There used to be group that met at Jaycee Park. Check with Raleigh Parks and Rec.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:58 AM

474 posts, read 886,810 times
I've been a clogger for 20 years. Apple Chill does offer free classes once a year in Chapel Hill. I'm not sure about North Raleigh...do you think it is a need in the area. I've thought about teaching. There are just hardly any lessons in the area.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:24 PM

Thanks! I will check Jaycee Park...!

I would love to have a class somewhere in North Raleigh, but am not sure if there is a need or not, since I just moved here recently!!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 05:29 PM

173 posts, read 471,729 times
I, too, used to clog in a recreational clogging group (in CA). It was for very beginners (me!) and advanced alike...it started basic and progressed through the evening so you could join at any time depending on your level. I wish such a club existed here. It was a come-as-you're-able system for about $3/session...no committing to a certain number of weeks. Here, I've found there are (1) clubs for professionals/competitive and (2) classes for a set number of weeks (so you're out of luck if you have to miss a week or two). I think Stage Door in Raleigh and Ninth Street in Durham offer classes. I haven't been able to find a come-as-you're-able recreational clogging club here. Please let me know if one is formed!

Old 11-16-2010, 06:20 AM

111 posts, read 154,908 times
If you don't mind driving, there are clogging classes through Town of Cary.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:59 AM

1,752 posts, read 1,647,643 times
Sounds like ya'll need to start a Meet-up group!

Old 11-16-2010, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penner View Post
I, too, used to clog in a recreational clogging group (in CA). It was for very beginners (me!) and advanced alike...it started basic and progressed through the evening so you could join at any time depending on your level. I wish such a club existed here. It was a come-as-you're-able system for about $3/session...no committing to a certain number of weeks. Here, I've found there are (1) clubs for professionals/competitive and (2) classes for a set number of weeks (so you're out of luck if you have to miss a week or two). I think Stage Door in Raleigh and Ninth Street in Durham offer classes. I haven't been able to find a come-as-you're-able recreational clogging club here. Please let me know if one is formed!

Exactly what I was part of!!! I miss it so much... and the set classes are not my style b/c I never know what my schedule is going to be.....

Old 11-16-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarySue View Post
Sounds like ya'll need to start a Meet-up group!

You are right, we/I should.... only problem is I am not a strong enough clogger to teach and that would be an important part ...... Maybe if someone is willing to teach it I would be okay starting a Meet up!!! Anyone? Anyone? ......Please......

Thanks again for everyone's help on this topic......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary