Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 07:24 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,596,920 times

Advertisements

I never would have considered this, but last weekend I rented a townhouse in Florida that had a fenced yard, and as I might be looking to buy next year - this is a good option! (I have a dog). The yard was not large but definitely large enough for my dog to play ball and run around.

Do we have anything like that around here? I'd like to stay in Durham but would be open to other areas of the triangle too - maybe not Fuquay though or anywhere that would make regular trips to Durham annoying?

Preferably under $150K - and old is just as good as new to me, as long as it's well-made. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:30 AM

375 posts, read 1,143,330 times
I know we came across some while we were looking rent - but I can't remember exactly where they were. =0(

One was off of Glenwood, the other was off of Capital near Perry Creek.

When we lived in Hedingham, some of the townhouse owners built their own fence after the fact. As long as it conformed to the HOA rules there was no problem.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
There are lots of townhome communities that allow you to fence. Some allow you to fence to the end of your patio and some allow you to fence your entire yard. As you drive around the n'hood, you can usually get a "feel" for what is allowed. Once you become serious about a particular n'hood, you should always check the convenants so you KNOW what is allowed.

If you are also considering small homes instead of townhomes, I had a client that just purchased a home in East Durham...n'hood is called Ridgefield. Homes were small but CUTE. We had also looked at Mabrey Crossing. Both n'hoods seemed to have lots of friendly folks!

Vicki

Old 11-17-2010, 12:46 PM

330 posts, read 984,751 times
Pirates Cove in Cary (off Maynard near Cary High) has townhomes with fenced back yards.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:08 PM

12 posts, read 25,870 times
Long Lake has fenced townhomes and its like 5 minutes from the Durham line. It is a nice neighborhood and the houses are great.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,596,920 times
Thanks guys! Great info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary