U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-10-2007, 11:30 AM

64 posts, read 282,308 times

Advertisements

I was looking at the playsets at Home Depot online but they are only offered online and not in the store. I'd like to see it first before buying. Where is a good place to buy a swing set or playset that is well constructed for under $1000 in the North Raleigh area or Triangle area? If they are an instock item, that is even better. I'd like to get one this coming weekend. (7/14 or 7/15) Any one recommend a set they have purchased?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 11:35 AM

1,996 posts, read 3,805,558 times
How about Costco? They have one which is just over $1000 I think. It seems like it has all the right stuff.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM

576 posts, read 2,182,858 times
There's a Home Depot one for $599 + about $50 worth of 4x4s. Pre-cut, you assemble. It's small and modest but seems well rated. You likely won't find anything for under $1K anywhere else.

I was personally leaning towards the Sam's Club Cambridget set. It's enormous and looks fan-freaking-tastic. But it's priced at $1199 and is reported to be extremely time consuming to put together due to it's complexity and the fact some holes may not line up perfectly.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:22 PM

548 posts, read 1,847,634 times
Our swing set is made by Cedar Works. I did a TON of research, and ended up with them. It's fantastic. It's made in Maine and they ship it down. Wouldn't work for this weekend and of course you probably wouldn't see one before owning it...but it is great.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 11,051 times
We looked at all playset options the company we chose is Heritage Playsets.net They have so many design options. The sales rep was great he helped us within our budget and did not upsale any thing. In the end we got a swing set that the children will grow into and wont grow out of for along time. Qaulity was far beyond our expectations what a value!

Old 01-10-2009, 05:14 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,653,672 times
Default reply

We bought our seven years ago at Woodplay of the Carolinas on Lumley Road. They are an Raleigh based and founded company. I don't know about pricing anymore, but it seems I paid $1800 back then. Both of our kids still love it. We upgraded a few things a couple of years back.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Status: "Is it just me or are the grocery prices rising?" (set 20 days ago)

1,265 posts, read 2,964,584 times
I imagine since the o.p. posted the question over a year ago he's all set with his playset, but I thought I would post in case anyone else was looking for one since the thread has been recently revived.

We purchased the Sunray set at Costco a couple of years ago. It's very nice for a do it yourself set. We seriously considered using Backyard Playgrounds as they came highly recommended, but I didn't like the fact they used treated pine for their set. Plus Backyard Playgrounds no matter how reasonable people said they were couldn't beat the price and features of a do it yourself set from Costco, imo. You get a lot more for your money when you put it together yourself. If putting it together yourself is an issue I have heard the store has a list of people in the area that can put it together for you for a fee of course. We never asked so I am not sure how true that is.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM

3,155 posts, read 7,057,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyCrash View Post
We purchased the Sunray set at Costco a couple of years ago. It's very nice for a do it yourself set. We seriously considered using Backyard Playgrounds as they came highly recommended, but I didn't like the fact they used treated pine for their set. Plus Backyard Playgrounds no matter how reasonable people said they were couldn't beat the price and features of a do it yourself set from Costco, imo. You get a lot more for your money when you put it together yourself. If putting it together yourself is an issue I have heard the store has a list of people in the area that can put it together for you for a fee of course. We never asked so I am not sure how true that is.
Kelly, last spring we did the same thing. Got a Sunray set from Costco. We love it. The kids love it. The neighborhood kids love it. And some of the parents have even given the trapeze bar a whirl. The hardest part about putting it together was getting a level spot in our not so level back yard. And yes we did see folks on craigslist who would come put it together. But hubby worked on it on and off for a couple of days. You can't beat the price or quality.

The other day I noticed that the Durham Costco still had one of the 2008 models for sale. But they should be getting a 2009 model soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary