U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 11-24-2010, 10:52 AM
 
5,527 posts, read 6,132,070 times
Reputation: 1827

Advertisements

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Looking for a recommendation on an electrician who either specializes in or has experience installing Hot Tubs. We are in Holly Springs. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-24-2010, 01:26 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
5,956 posts, read 6,246,467 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

Looking for a recommendation on an electrician who either specializes in or has experience installing Hot Tubs. We are in Holly Springs. Thanks in advance!
Any licensed electrician will correctly wire your hot tub.
Most require a 50 Amp GFI circuit.
MAKE SURE A PERMIT IS TAKEN AND THE JOB INSPECTED

Pay the electrician 90% when the job is done and the other 10% after the inspection is complete.

If the electrician offers to do the work cheaper but without permit/inspections. find another electrician.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Raleigh
99 posts, read 199,916 times
Reputation: 78
Zar Electric has done work at my business and my home, I'd recommend them, not sure of their hot tubbin' experience but electric is electric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 01:59 PM
 
5,527 posts, read 6,132,070 times
Reputation: 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Any licensed electrician will correctly wire your hot tub.
Most require a 50 Amp GFI circuit.
MAKE SURE A PERMIT IS TAKEN AND THE JOB INSPECTED

Pay the electrician 90% when the job is done and the other 10% after the inspection is complete.

If the electrician offers to do the work cheaper but without permit/inspections. find another electrician.
I wish that were true. I have spoken to a few and based on the requirements from Fuquay-Varina the few I have spoken to are not able to wire (it's because of the grounding requirements which is either a grounding ring or drilling into the slab and grounding on the rebar or wiring). I have the permits and everything already but I did Google a few pool/hot tub places I just wanted to see if anyone had personal experience.

Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 02:01 PM
 
5,527 posts, read 6,132,070 times
Reputation: 1827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletic Supporter View Post
Zar Electric has done work at my business and my home, I'd recommend them, not sure of their hot tubbin' experience but electric is electric.
Thanks. I will give them a shout!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 05:24 PM
 
16 posts, read 4,343 times
Reputation: 17
Diverse Electric did my house, then wired in a pool as well. I'm sure a hot tub would be a breeze for them. All clean wiring proper gauges and nice and neat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2010, 05:27 PM
PDD
 
Location: The Sand Hills of NC
5,956 posts, read 6,246,467 times
Reputation: 6740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
I wish that were true. I have spoken to a few and based on the requirements from Fuquay-Varina the few I have spoken to are not able to wire (it's because of the grounding requirements which is either a grounding ring or drilling into the slab and grounding on the rebar or wiring). I have the permits and everything already but I did Google a few pool/hot tub places I just wanted to see if anyone had personal experience.

Thanks for the input!
Sorry to hear that, I was an Electrical contractor for 30 years and grounding rings were done all the time. What has happened to todays contractors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:55 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top