Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 PM

3 posts, read 5,195 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are relocating to the Raleigh area at the end of January. We are looking to get an apt. lease finalized by the end of this month however.

We have been down looking at various places, and have done alot of online research as well.

We are recent college grads, so are not that well off in terms of money so we need a fairly reasonably priced apartment, that is also in a nice, safe area, and within 10-20 minutes from the center of the city. We are looking to spend around 550-700 plus utilities for a 2 bedroom apartment.

I have found a few places to narrow our search such as...Arden woods, Montecito, Litchfod Park, Reseve at lake lynn, the landings, and overlook at simms creek.

Just wondering if anyone can give me advice on the area that these apartments are in or possibly and other apts. within our budget?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 PM

Just some more information regarding the locations of these apartments...

Arden woods- on Loft Lane just off Six Forks Road

Montecito- just past East Gate shopping center on Colby Dr.

Litchford Park- on Claxton Circle , east of North Ridge Country Club

Reserve at lake lynn- on lake front dr, off leesville rd, on lake lynn

the landings- on Woodbend Dr, right off six forks rd north of the 440

overlook at simms creek- on Archean way, on the corner of capital boulevard and I-540

I appreciate any help!! Thanks

Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
I don't know much about the other apartments (they could be great too), but my wife and I lived by Lake Lynn when we moved here in 2005 and enjoyed the area a lot. There are a bunch of apartment complexes that surround the lake. Many are quite nice. I would visit a few and see if they meet your needs. It takes about 20-25 minutes with traffic to drive into the heart of downtown Raleigh from there. You have great access to 540, Crabtree Valley Mall, and Glenwood Avenue.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 PM

809 posts, read 2,187,211 times
I would stay away from Montecito and The Landings. Especially Montecito.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM

Just wondering what the down sides are to Montecito as i have read some mixed reviews...

Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcor0616 View Post
Just wondering what the down sides are to Montecito as i have read some mixed reviews...
I concur to avoid them and the other ones right across the street (can't remember the name). I grew up near that neighborhood 30-40 years ago and they were good apartments then, but now not only are they old and probably "dated" (built in the early 1970s) but there is a decided "unsavory element" in general living in apartments in that part of town (my apologies to anyone here who might live there--I said "in general"). The apts might be fine but your neighbors probably wouldn't be the types you'd want to associate with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary