Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:11 PM

31 posts, read 125,364 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm going to be relocating from Hawaii and am looking to rent a home in either Apex or Wendell. I've never been to either area and would like to know more before arriving. I have 2 children ages 12 and 13. We are a mixed family. Can anyone give me more information about the two areas? I'm worried about the nuclear plant and it's proximity to Apex. I'm worried that my family will stick out like a sore thumb since we are a mixed family. I'm worried about racism. Is there plenty of shopping near by or would we have to travel? Are there activities/things for my children to do for entertainment? How are the schools? Any information that you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 12:43 PM

1,515 posts, read 6,975,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifermotes View Post
Hi,
I'm going to be relocating from Hawaii and am looking to rent a home in either Apex or Wendell. I've never been to either area and would like to know more before arriving. I have 2 children ages 12 and 13. We are a mixed family. Can anyone give me more information about the two areas? I'm worried about the nuclear plant and it's proximity to Apex. I'm worried that my family will stick out like a sore thumb since we are a mixed family. I'm worried about racism. Is there plenty of shopping near by or would we have to travel? Are there activities/things for my children to do for entertainment? How are the schools? Any information that you can provide me with will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and help!
Hiya!
I can answer for Apex, I lived there for a year about five years ago. I loved it, very small town. Quiet. One main road (hwy 55) that pretty much splits the town. Shopping....well, they have some now. Before, it was just a home improvement store and a grocery store. Now, they have Target and a few other small stores. Major shopping to Cary is about a ten minute drive and more shopping to Raleigh is about 20 minutes. The one thing I absolutely miss about Apex is Jordan lake. Great place to camp, swim, hike, have picnics, etc. Your kids will love it! Its a great location too.

Racism? Uh, no. I can only speak my OPINION about the Triangle since I've lived here all my life. There's a wonderful mixture of everybody, believe me, you wont have any worries! My partner & I have never been discriminated against from anyplace that we have ever lived or been to. You will be quite comfortable here, its true, the folks here are extremely friendly!

Good luck!

Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,128,977 times
Wendell is like the little town I grew up in during the 1950's. Very friendly place with people wanting to help.

Only factor may be commuting if this is an issue.

Be aware that renting from non-professional landlords can be risky. Large complexes normally won't try to steal your deposit (low anyway) and will have service staff on payroll.

Aloha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary