Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:19 PM

4 posts, read 12,122 times

Advertisements

Good agents are hard to find, I would suggest you spend a hour or two with them, and "interview" them. Find out how long they've been in the business, and if they know the area you are interested in well. Ask them how they'd like to work, and see if that fits your style. Be honest and realistic about what you are looking for (they aren't going to be able to find you a 6000 sqft home on a golf course for $125k), and with any luck, you'll find someone who can help you find your next home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 12:44 AM

1,375 posts, read 6,302,377 times
As a former Durham/Chapel Hill resident, I check in on this forum every once in a while to keep up to date with my former home. This is great question, and as an agent from another state, I thought I might jump into this conversation to point out that calling the listing agent will work for you sometimes, but often it is better to interview a few agents without a particular listing in mind--rather an area/location of specialization. Agents who have a problem meeting you for an interview are likely going to be difficult to work with in the long run. You will often be better served if you form a relationship first, then get into the details. Also keep in mind that the reputation of the company/brokerage is something to consider. In most cases, the agent answers to someone, and it is a good idea to ask around for the input of others who have worked with a particular company.

Aloha!

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary