Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:05 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,034,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
Chapel Hill is nice, its a college town so there are alot of students. There's a really good restaurant that I hear so much about, Mama something. Might be worth looking into.
That would be Mama Dip's. Locals say the food isn't quite as good as it used to be, but I've enjoyed everything I've had there.
Mama Dip's Country Cooking Restaurant
I'm a big fan of Locopops ( LocoPops ). They have 3 locations now - 2 in Durham and one in Chapel Hill. Call them & ask for directions.
There are TONS of other locally-owned restaurant options, too, if that interests you.

Back to real estate, I admit that Mebane isn't the ideal place for me, either, but it's an option for people who like smaller towns; there are some very quaint houses for great prices there, as well as new construction. As for Morrisville, there is a LOT of new construction going on there. Kitt's Creek gets most of the attention, but there's more available than that.

And of course, I'm a big fan of southern Durham (quiet, convenient, oodles of shopping and entertainment options), but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 10:16 AM

615 posts, read 1,499,654 times
<<The only problem I see with NewMom's schedule is that it completely neglects the western side of the Triangle. I think she lists some great ideas for someone who wants to be closer to Raleigh,.
Very true. We did narrow our search to Raleigh and points East and South(except Wake Forest), mainly because we knew we wanted to be a bit closer to the shore and I 95..and more job opportunities for me in Johnston County.

Also, Smithfield seems waaaaaay out of the way, IMO. The Triangle is very large & you've got a lot of driving ahead of you, so you might be happier staying in a hotel in a more central location (Raleigh, Cary, southern Durham, etc.).
LOL--Oh YES! Smithfield is OUT, in relation to where Raleigh is. But again, our search was mainly in Johnston County, plus we were heading over to Wilmington towards the end of our trip, so that location for that particular visit was perfect for us. The walking distance from our hotel to the outlets/movies/restaurants was also a bit of a draw for nightly entertainment after a long day of driving around. That all being said, Smithfield was still within about 35 mintues to the Raleigh city limits with a nice, uncrowded, country highway(2 lanes).
For our most recent visit in June when I was attending the Johnston County Job Fair near Willow Springs, we stayed in Garner/Clayton right off Rt. 40/42...which also was more convenient to Raleigh city and the Silver Lake Water Park my family went to while I was interviewing/jof fairing,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary