Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 06:57 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,682,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesg View Post
Seriously, though, malls around Christmas are dangerous. People put stuff in their trunks and likely carry more cash than they otherwise would. It's a nice, concentrated area of people and stuff.
Not at a mall, but a rest area. Not sure how it happened, but our hatchback was loaded with xmas presents. They only grabbed one box...the joke was on them, it had a few lame stocking stuffers and a pair of my husbands work shoes. Ha ha!

But I am definitely more mindful about leaving anything visible in the car at this time of year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 11:05 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,811,317 times
Scary stuff! I am around that area for haircuts at that particular time of day. Glad I've missed out on that. A co-worker of mine was robbed of their purse at Frankies while we were at a team outing. To think I saw the guy sitting in his SUV facing out...he was just waiting for me to leave I guess before he stole the purse out of her trunk.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 AM

1,715 posts, read 2,763,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Brier Creek has had other incidents in years past, much of which was blamed on the teenagers that hang out at Frankies.

Vicki
Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
A co-worker of mine was robbed of their purse at Frankies while we were at a team outing.
What type of establishment is Frankies. Doesn't sound like a fit in that area ?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:17 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,070,788 times
Frankie's Fun Park - Raleigh, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post

Old 12-17-2010, 08:07 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,191,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitroad View Post
Frankie's is a FUN PARK. They have games, inside and out. Somewhat of a family place. Hubby and the kids always go at Christmas time, when the kids are home. "Kids" are in their 20s!

They have go carts outside, as well.

There used to be a restaurant but I don't know if it is still there.

Residents of Brier Creek had some issues with noise and bright lights from the park but that was resolved.

Some nights, it seems to be a teenage hangout.

Not a dangerous place.

Vicki

Old 12-17-2010, 08:43 AM

22,654 posts, read 36,662,452 times
^^ we took the kids there on Veteran's Day, they loved it! The restaurant is till there.

Back to the original topic, when I went to Beaver Creek the other day there was an electonic sign outside Kohl's that said "shoppers please lock your cars!" so there must have been incidents there too.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:54 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,126,288 times
Think of it this way.

Brier Creek smells of money.

Brier Creek is close to Durham.

Durham has a large crime issue.

Put the two together, Victims and Predators. What do you get?

Old 12-20-2010, 12:41 PM

523 posts, read 1,324,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
Think of it this way.

Brier Creek smells of money.

Brier Creek is close to Durham.

Durham has a large crime issue.

Put the two together, Victims and Predators. What do you get?
A completely unnecessary and inflammatory post, apparently. Just bash Durham with absolutely no evidence that the incident in question has anything to do with it. Way to go.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:59 PM

6,817 posts, read 9,025,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb27608 View Post
A completely unnecessary and inflammatory post, apparently. Just bash Durham with absolutely no evidence that the incident in question has anything to do with it. Way to go.
Hey wait a minute! You knock their dig at Durham, but don't even care about the dig at Brier Creek? We're nice people here. Really! We don't have any more money than anyone else.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:13 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,940,648 times
Crime is all over...to think that one particular area is worse than another is ridiculous...be aware/alert, lock your cars, doors etc...that's more than half the battle...common sense people... Happy Holidays
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary