Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:19 AM

23 posts, read 43,423 times

Advertisements

For historical information, Capital Area Preservation has 3 books:
Historic Raleigh
Historic Wake County
The Historic Architecture of Wake County

They're listed at: CAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM

82 posts, read 148,316 times
My friend wrote a book: The Big Fun Guide to Tar Heel Country, that's about stuff to do with families in Orange and Chatham counties, but also includes a bunch of things to do in the area in general. You can get it off of Amazon and in a couple of stores in CH.

Old 12-26-2010, 06:41 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
It's not a light read, but if you're moving to Durham, "Durham County" by Jean Anderson and published by Duke University Press is the definitive treatment of the subject of the county/city's history and that of institutions like Duke.

The author has just updated the book to include more recent history -- a second edition is pending publication in early 2011.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:00 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,808,379 times
My husband is from Apex. For Christmas, I gave him "Pluck, Perseverance and Paint" by Warren & Toby Holleman. Great book if you want to know the history of Apex from people who lived it. (Hubby's aunt is one of the people interviewed in the book.) I think it's only at The Rusty Bucket, but I'm not sure.

</title> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.therustybucket.biz/store/css/ds.css"> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://www.therustybucket.biz/store/css/rusty_bucket.css"> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="te

Old 12-26-2010, 12:32 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,909,641 times
Jean Anderson has written a history of Durham and Durham County. You might check with the Regulator to see if they have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary